• Show
Clear All

They really are great pics.
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Comment

The clouds lifted tonight to see a sunset....

Comment

Caught a nice sunrise over Eastern New Mexico this AM. Snow is finally gone around mountain roads.

Roger

Current rides
        1983 GS 850G
        2003 FJR 1300A
        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

I was hoping for a better vantage point but I missed it by a few minutes, I think. Anyway, this is about a mile from my house.
          "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Just trying Flickr out. Missed the true glory of this sunset by a minute also.
            Alan

sigpic
            Weaned on a '74 450 Honda
            Graduated to an '82 GS850GL
            Now riding an '83 GS1100GL
            Added an '82 GS1100GL

Comment

Comment

Why is it so hard to capture the beauty of a sunset in a picture? Sure wish I could paint.

Taken seconds later to the East. Sandia mountains in back and volcanoes in the fore ground. Stunning colors in the sky tonight.

Roger

Current rides
                1983 GS 850G
                2003 FJR 1300A
                Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Because cameras.... try setting the phone or camera on flash on (if it's not already) insted of auto. It will then provide some fill lighting on the bike. In auto it "sees" the brightness of the sky and turns off the flash.

Still nice shots regardless.
                  Last edited by dorkburger; 05-29-2017, 08:27 AM.
                  sigpic
                  When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                  -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                  -Rusty old scooter.
                  Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                  https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Comment

The early morning in summer is a great time to ride. Morning mist, less traffic, an occasional deer to avoid,....and the rising sun. Here are my pics from bright and early this morning. Sun casting it's light on an old graveyard in the woods and my classic bike...and older picture taker!

This stone from 1857. There are older ones but time has worn them away and made them unreadable. So much for $$ spent on posterity.

Another stop by the water.

A closer look.

Last edited by Guest; 07-01-2017, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Had a 5 hour ride last evening.
                        Stopped in Muskegon.
                        Sky had been great, but sun going behind clouds on the horizon by the time I got down there to the beach.

Then sun shown thru for just a minute.
                        Harley rider that also stopped offered to take my picture.

(hum.... am not finding the imgur controls for photo link size. Have seen that before, not finding it now, sorry.)

Last edited by Redman; 07-06-2017, 06:48 AM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

http://2017-07-08 06.53.00 by Glenn Brenner, on Flickr
                          sigpic
                          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                          -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                            Another early morning shot, I am guessing.
                            Nice scene. Looks like you saw the low sun thru the tress and then found a scenic place for the picture (rather than, say, at a gas station).

Sunrize is too early for me (6am), on a day off, this time of year, maybe in fall will be okay.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Another great pic, Glen. It's been hotter than an ifrit's balls here, so the bike's been garaged. I think tomorrow or Monday I will get out on it super early to get breakfast.
                              "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                              1982 CB900f

Comment

Thanks.
                                No kidding about early. The dog woke up around a quarter to six. By the time I took care of him and got out the sun was already well above the horizon.
                                sigpic

Glen
                                -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Working...
                                X