Sunrise / Sunset Rides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sedelen View Post
    I do believe that was a northern bike, as I found registration paperwork in the tail piece when I got it, believe it was originally from Illinois, researched it back as best I could but it dead ended very quickly. All that paperwork went to GS Rick when I sold it. Guess it feels at home up there in the cooler temps.
    It likes it up here in the north, but it misses the beach the bikini girls and the scents of suntan oil. We're going to have to get down to Florida soon. ☺
    Last edited by storm 64; 10-24-2017, 09:02 AM.
    My Motorcycles:
    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
    22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
    79 1000e (all original)
    82 850g (all original)
    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

As I work from home usually and end my day at 5pm, it's a lot easier to go for a ride straight from the house instead of driving home from the hospital first to change clothes. The nights are finally getting shorter and the weather cooler so it's time to make the best of what daylight is left in the evenings. So, I threw my outer shells back on the jacket and pants and rode off to try out a road I have driven in the truck but not the bike yet. I wasn't able to fully enjoy its layout thanks to a farmer John in front of me but I nonetheless enjoyed the 75 miles I was able to put in tonight. I took this after I made the turn to start heading home

Sunset Ride 25 Oct 2017 by Scott Baker, on Flickr

As a side note, short sleeve t-shirts even under a full textile jacket are now banned until April. It got cold especially after the sun went down and according to the weather app when I got home, the wind chill had to be in the 30s already
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Nice Scott.

Yah, sunset here, on western edge of time zone, is now well before 7pm.
        Nope, aint summer time no mo'

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

It is here too Dave; that picture was taken about 645pm

1981 GS550T - My First

Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
            It likes it up here in the north, but it misses the beach the bikini girls and the scents of suntan oil. We're going to have to get down to Florida soon. ☺
            When I owned it, I lived in the Orlando area, spent most of my time on the many rural back roads, Titusville, Cocoa, Daytona Beach, New Smyrna, were a few of the places I often frequented. I had one guy about run me off the road only to tell me he had a bike like that. One day though, I was riding on a nice back road in Altamonte springs to avoid Interstate 4 with a friend of mine. He rode a little ahead of me and to my right on a Harley Sportster 1200. This girl at a stop sign waited until we got right up to her, then pulled out in front of us and blocked our lane. We slammed the brakes and were sliding sideways, had we not let off the brakes we surely would have T-boned her. By letting off the brakes we gained control back and went in front of her. That was the final straw for me, I called up GS Rick and he bought it, I was moving to Colombia anyway, but was holding on to it for as long as I could until that happened. I really enjoyed that bike.
            sigpic
            Steve
            "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Here ya go.DSCF1167.jpg
              Gustov
              80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
              81 GS 1000 G
              79 GS 850 G
              81 GS 850 L
              83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
              80 GS 550 L
              86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
              2002 Honda 919
              2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

DSCF1155.jpg Last light before the ride back, see above.

\V
                Gustov
                80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                81 GS 1000 G
                79 GS 850 G
                81 GS 850 L
                83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                80 GS 550 L
                86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                2002 Honda 919
                2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Sun setting in the Manzano Mountains today.

Roger

Current rides
                  1983 GS 850G
                  2003 FJR 1300A
                  Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                    ............. I took this after I made the turn to start heading home

Scott, Please do not take this as critisism or messing with your personal stuff.

But just me playing with mo'cykle/scenery pictures, like I like to do. (and would be wiling to do better to the full resolution picture file)

Last edited by Redman; 11-27-2017, 01:09 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Nice colorful sky there Cowboy. Man, that's almost impossible for me to get.

Here's one from a few months ago. Not sure if I ever posted it or not.

Roger

Current rides
                      1983 GS 850G
                      2003 FJR 1300A
                      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                        Sun setting in the Manzano Mountains today.

Very nice! Liking the KLR over the DL650 for that stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
                          Very nice! Liking the KLR over the DL650 for that stuff?
                          Very much so! The Vee was great on the highway though, gotta give credit where it's due. I have the 850 for highway riding still.
                          Roger

Current rides
                          1983 GS 850G
                          2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                            Scott, Please do not take this as critisism or messing with your personal stuff.

But just me playing with mo'cykle/scenery pictures, like I like to do. (and would be wiling to do better to the full resolution picture file)

Dave,

It's perfectly okay with me and I appreciate it. I just don't have the right software to remove those types of things and wish I did but don't want to spend the coin to get it

1981 GS550T - My First

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                              ..... I just don't have the right software....
                              Paint.NET is what I have been using.
                              Is Free download (donation accepted).
                              Has some good features, without being too in depth.

Comment

OK I don't have a GS story, but I was thinking about GS's...and sunsets... It kinda works!

Departing LA took us out over the Pacific Ocean for a stretch. The water looked like vinyl from this altitude. Hey, I think I see the Loch Ness Monster out there!

I installed a speed checker app and had fun with it too. Here's a screenshot. Couldn't figure out how to get the altitude to show though before the captain turned on the phone jamming device Or maybe it just lost the signal...

Roger

Current rides
                                1983 GS 850G
                                2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Working...
                                X