No announcement yet.

Sunrise / Sunset Rides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was out last night, after dinner I stopped on the causeway going over Berlin Lake. It was a warm summer night, a beautiful evening. ..☺
    Attached Files
    My Motorcycles:
    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
    22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
    79 1000e (all original)
    82 850g (all original)
    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

GKs turn for beach sunset.

Last edited by Redman; 08-10-2016, 10:45 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Out before daylight this morning on the KLR with my better half to sit and wait for daybreak and the sun rise over a lake.

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
          Out before daylight this morning on the KLR with my better half to sit and wait for daybreak and the sun rise over a lake.
          That would be fairly early in the morning this time of year.
          Even though same time zone as here, the sunrise there by you would be about an hour earlier than here.

Maybe I will see sunrises in late September.

>>later note:
          I was wrong.
          SUnrise here, now is about 6:45 am.
          Guess I had not been paying attention.

Last edited by Redman; 08-19-2016, 06:27 AM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

ON my way in, blasting miles watching the sun come up over the greens...\
            Jedz Moto
            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
            1988 Honda GL1500-6
            2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
            2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
            Originally posted by Hayabuser
            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

We had a great evening ride last night. Around 4pm we were discussing what to have for dinner and how to spend the evening. This empty nest thing is still taking some getting used to. My wife had been especially down/ depressed yesterday, so I asked if she'd like to ride. She smiled and asked where to? We looked at the weather maps and East looked to be our best bet to avoid thunderstorms. I'm thinking maybe head out old 66 to Edgewood and find a hole in the wall restaurant, but she says "how about Santa Rosa!" It's 110 miles, dinner at 6, let's do it! I love spontaneous adventures. I asked her to snap some pics of the amazing sunset on the ride back home but the thought of dropping my phone was too much, so no pics. On the ride, a big butterfly got caught in the turbulent air behind the fairing for several seconds, just above the gauges. We had a laugh at the new passenger. With rain all around us there were many rainbows high up and at ground level. Apparently riding cures depression!
              Roger

Current rides
              1983 GS 850G
              2003 FJR 1300A
              Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Sunset a few nights ago over home away from home up by Canadian border....

Last edited by Guest; 08-26-2016, 07:49 AM.

Comment

I decided to get up early this morning and go for a ride. I haven't been on the motorcycle all week. Golf Monday, Buffett concert Tuesday, recover from concert Wednesday, golf outing Thursday. No work Saturday, I'm going riding! Pulled out of my driveway at 6:30am. I'm heading up to lake Erie. Then work my way over to Toledo for hot dogs. Done with breakfast got to go. Here is a early am picture.
                  Attached Files
                  My Motorcycles:
                  79 1000e (all original)
                  82 850g (all original)

Comment

from Youngstown to Toledo for hot dogs, along Lake Erie. That's a great way to get your riding fix!

My uncle and aunt used to go from Des Moines to Minneapolis for Sunday brunch.
                    sigpic[Tom]

“The greatest service this country could render the rest of the world would be to put its own house in order and to make of American civilization an example of decency, humanity, and societal success from which others could derive whatever they might find useful to their own purposes.” George Kennan

Comment

Originally posted by themess View Post
                      from Youngstown to Toledo for hot dogs, along Lake Erie. That's a great way to get your riding fix!

My uncle and aunt used to go from Des Moines to Minneapolis for Sunday brunch.
                      I'm at Tony Packo's now. Some stormy weather is moving in. I have to "B" line it back to the east!
                      My Motorcycles:
                      79 1000e (all original)
                      82 850g (all original)

Comment

http://

I'm so happy with the recently gotten matching mid panels and front fender..
                        sigpic
                        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                        -Rusty old scooter.
                        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                          http://

I'm so happy with the recently gotten matching mid panels and front fender..
                          As you should; very pretty bike
                          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Thanks. It's slowly coming along. It's the first time since I've owned it (17 years) that all of the paint matches.
                            sigpic
                            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                            -Rusty old scooter.
                            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Tonight's sunset skies....

Comment

Not real early but the sun coming up this morning.
                                1982 GS 550 L

Comment

Working...
                                X