Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

D.r John Hinds "A Flying Doc"

[/URL]

This is a photo of Dr. John Hinds taken by my friend Johnny Drummond at the Sherries Road race in Ireland 2013. I went to the Ulster Grand Prix road race in 2011 and I tried and tried to get a photo of this man, to give to my Doctor as an example of what lengths some doctors go to better serve their patients. I must have took 30 pictures and the best I did was a picture of a rear tire, so Johnny took this photo for me. He took it to the Doc and had him autograph it and another one. Dr John Hinds died today at the Skerries race in service to his "Road Racer" patients.

Dr John Hinds, one of the so-called 'flying doctors' of Irish road racing, is killed at a motorcycle event in the Republic of Ireland.

Though I never met or shook his hand, I'll miss him now and in a few weeks when I'm at the Armoy race, the 25 of July. Rest in Peace

cg
    Last edited by Charlie G; 07-04-2015, 08:14 PM.
    sigpic
    83 GS1100g
    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Motorcyclists join the family of Dr John Hinds, the road racing medic killed in a track accident, in a convoy as they bring his remains home to Northern Ireland.

A short video of comments at a funeral procession of the late Dr. John Hinds
    sigpic
    83 GS1100g

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Tough one Charlie, sounds like a great and well respected guy.
      IBA# 12860
      Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
      1984 KZ1100R
      2008 Kawasaki KLR650
      2011 Concours 1400

Comment

Just happened across this presentation by Dr. John Hinds regarding race trauma. Learned a lot from this as well as what a great and funny guy he was.
        Last edited by allojohn; 11-15-2015, 12:41 PM.
        -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

That is a truly awful loss for all.
          "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
          1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by allojohn View Post
            Just happened across this presentation by Dr. John Hinds regarding race trauma. Learned a lot from this as well as what a great and funny guy he was.

Thanks for posting! I really enjoyed hearing him discuss what he did at the races.
            sigpic
            83 GS1100g

Comment

John Hinds gives his last talk - on the subject he was most passionate about. Back with popular demand, More Cases from the Races.

Comment

Thanks there Pixii for the you tube video. Makes me tear up to hear him speak.
                sigpic
                83 GS1100g

Comment

For those interested, here is another one of Dr. John discussing rapid response at Irish road racing events. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsZBXlTHPCg
                  sigpic
                  83 GS1100g

Comment

They are really great videos. It's interesting to notice the difference in audience response between the two.

Comment

He was an amazing human being. Very much missed.
                      "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                      1982 CB900f

Comment

Too bad. A man living his life to the fullest.....
                        sigpic
                        09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
                        1983 GS1100e
                        82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                        1980 GS1260
                        Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Working...
                        X