Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No I did not mean CDI.

T.P.I. OR P.E.I. is what Suzuki Gs and first 3 generation GSXR use

Pointless Electronic Ignition - Transistorized Pointless Ignition- brain boxes that control a pair of collapsing field style coils - which is what GS - GSXR ignition systems employ.

there is no capacitor discharge triggering a rising field style coil which is installed on a kick start battery-less self energized ignition system like a KX YZ RM .

people confuse what they have and mix match parts that sort of work but never quite right - oh it will run but not right

the term is sort of universal but there are very distinct differences.

brain box, igniter, blah blah --- transistors replaced the mechanical breaker points system . and it is NOT Digital like the RE-5 and Fuel Injected bikes with 3D timing maps
    SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Anyway, this gsxr seat cowl came in the mail today. I adapted it to my bike and shaped the seat foam for better track usage.
      I'm now using a lift, because the center stand did not clear the 1100 exhaust.
      Last edited by Buffalo Bill; 11-20-2015, 05:40 PM.
      "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
      1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
      1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
      1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Is that a spare seat? I need to make a lift for my 750, as it's center stand is gone because of the header.
        sigpic
        83 GS1100g
        2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Yes that seat came with the bike. I bought another to mod back in 2011 and kept the 1st unmolested.
          That modded seat was so successful I decided to keep it as is, and do this mod with the 1st seat.
          You can't make a bike lift for the price of this one. Venom bike lift-ebay
          "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
            Yes that seat came with the bike. I bought another to mod back in 2011 and kept the 1st unmolested.
            That modded seat was so successful I decided to keep it as is, and do this mod with the 1st seat.
            You can't make a bike lift for the price of this one. Venom bike lift-ebay
            I put in a bid. We'll see....
            sigpic
            83 GS1100g

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Bigger back wheel and tire too

Ok, I uploaded a 88-92? gsxr 5.5 wheel with 190/50 Shinko into my 1990 Katana swingarm.

Measured 9" across at first and I needed another half inch to get the caliper in there, so I pushed it out to 10.5".

OK This Will Work!

The 190 is actually 195 wide, with 7mm clearance on the right.

Only 4mm clearance on the left

I want to get a 180/55 in there, 170/60 acceptable.
              The brake arm will need to be kinked out 5-10mm, and a longer axle bolt would be a good idea too.
              Last edited by Buffalo Bill; 11-25-2015, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Fitting the body panels on and adjusting new fitting issues.
                The taller block raised the carbs, that raised the airbox, that pushes up on the tank.
                See the gap between the side panel and tank?
                Was able to get the shark gills to fit, had to cut some away from the lower side.

Comment

It good looks from where I sit. It would be painful to have to wait till spring to really ride it. I'll have my lift next week. Thanks.

cg
                  Last edited by Charlie G; 11-28-2015, 12:50 PM.
                  sigpic
                  83 GS1100g

Comment

It is so painful waiting for spring.
                    Southerners may gloat now, but not May through October.

Comment

Should consider a first gen busa front end for that, my sons 90 600 has one on it. Looks really nice with it, straight spoke wheel will match your rear.
                      Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Man, what a tedious process it is to tune carbs, the gas stench is so depressing.
                        Anyway, on this project I got the idle down to normal range, but below 2000 it wants to die out.
                        I have some more things to try, and check out.

Comment

Making progress on the carbs, the fact is they were just overdue for rebuild, besides re-jeting them for the 1127.
                          Checked the compression today: #2 cylinder only shows 145psi, the others all show 170-180psi. Kinda at the limit of acceptable difference.
                          Engine was tested right after running so it was still warm and wet.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                            : #2 cylinder only shows 145psi, the others all show 170-180psi. Kinda at the limit of acceptable difference.

Valve adjustment?
                            sigpic
                            83 GS1100g

Comment

Well, I did that last summer, 3 new shims for the #2 valves.
                              I was hoping this would be a pop-in engine swap , but a performance head and valve job is not so pricey.
                              Glad I did not start this last summer when I was riding track days.
                              Whatever, long time before next summer.

Comment

Making room for wide tires on the back

Ok, I'm working on widening the swingarm.
                                This is a killer method pioneered by Kreylin, one of the best over on katriders.com_Fitment of a wider tire.

This is Krey's pic from his stickey

This is a swingarm I just got on ebay

This is my marks for the cuts, will be doing that tomorrow, (kinda snowed in here for a couple days)

Comment

Working...
                                X