No announcement yet.

Valve keeper removal tool with head on engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WP_20150102_003.jpganother pic from a different angle. i didnt take to many pics while i was doing it as i was in a rush. it makes it very easy. made the spring compressor adaptor from delrin.
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Ok this all too cool, I've definately got to remember this thread this winter.
      Rob
      1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
      Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

apologies to the OP as the thread has moved away from the original topic.

So Adrian, your aluminum block is secured by only the two bolts where the cam towers would normally mount, or are there a couple more on the other side?

What's the single big cap bolt on the sloped surface doing?

Do you have the bar slotted to allow for some adjustability?
        '83 GS650G
        '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

The block is held down by 4 bolts, it fits in place of the camshaft "tower". the big cap head bolt is the spring compressor. the bar is not slotted, it is drilled and tapped to line up exactly with the valve. BigD-83 i can PM you some more detailed pics and dimension drawings if you are that interested.
          1978 GS1085.

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
            The block is held down by 4 bolts, it fits in place of the camshaft "tower". the big cap head bolt is the spring compressor. the bar is not slotted, it is drilled and tapped to line up exactly with the valve. BigD-83 i can PM you some more detailed pics and dimension drawings if you are that interested.
            Can you include me in that pm?
            Last edited by Guest; 08-02-2015, 11:59 AM.

Comment

I have the idea, but would appreciate a drawing if it's not a bother. Thanks
              '83 GS650G
              '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
                apologies to the OP as the thread has moved away from the original topic.

So Adrian, your aluminum block is secured by only the two bolts where the cam towers would normally mount, or are there a couple more on the other side?

What's the single big cap bolt on the sloped surface doing?

Do you have the bar slotted to allow for some adjustability?
                No problem. I just wish there was a thread on his aluminum block while I was waiting a week for my Lisle tool to arrive.

Comment

If you don't mind, you should just pot detailed pics and drawings on here. I'll post my drawing when I have some free time.

Comment

anyone wanting detailed pics or dimension drawings, PM me your email address. cant be arsed to fart around adding pictures on here......
                    1978 GS1085.

Comment

It wouldn't let me attach more than one photo per post so here's my drawing.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X