GS750T stalls when coming to a stop ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
    You should stop asking questions if you are not going to listen to the answers. You have been given expert advise and have done none of it to fix your issues.
    Very comical, very true. He probably knows more about these old bikes than the rest of us put together.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

In no offense, I've been trying to follow the expert responses but everytime I'm about to do something you guys have recommended, something else comes up, hence the random updates and questions. I can't exactly follow through with your recommendations if something else comes up.

A poster said do a "sanity" check and check over the electrical system, as I was about to do that, instead I found that red tagged cable, I mentioned early, going to the right side of the engine from the battery terminal, which I was assuming a starter if not neutral switch. After repairing that wiring issue the bike is now able to start through the button again and displays neutral.

Now i can check the mixture screw.

So I do apologize if I haven't gone with everything you guys have noted but I had other issues in the way.
      When the carbs were apart the jets were knicked up on the outside so I couldn't get the numbers, looks like they compensated with larger jets by way too many steps.

Comment

Yes, you need a functioning electrical system . But until you open up those carbs to know what PO did, you are flying blind regarding the stalling and black plug issues. Running with pods can be tricky, cheap pods are probably useless - many are forced to get a dynojet kit to get a decent midrange.
        1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
        X