New guy in SW WA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New guy in SW WA

Howdy all! Drug home the '82 GS650L that my 2 older brothers have neglected for years. Has not run for at least 10. Why let such a fine machine sit in the back of the shop so long? Well duh, it won't run. The brothers are project collectors. They get a few done, but have a lot of backlog. Good for me in this case I guess. So I get to make her go. Right after I get my 83 XL600R motor put together and back in, the old mans '78 CX500 running, and then I can start on this baby.

I am no stranger to mechanics or motos, so hopefully not to many wanky questions from me. Just have to suck up the Suzuki knowledge from this fine forum I am so glad I found. Little about me, well I have 5 kids, 1 wife, 2 dogs, 2 cats, 3 chainsaws, 2 cars, and not enough time. Almost forgot 16 yr old daughter and me a rebuilding her first car also. A swell little super beetle, just started on that. So with free time and money coming out my rear I should have all this done by like sometime later.

I ramble goodbye
    Chris

Welcome to the forum and good luck with all those projects!

Comment

Welcome to this nut house. Sounds like you'll fit in just fine. There is an active group of us in the pacific northwest, north and south of the Columbia and the Can Am border. We need pictures...

cg
      sigpic
      83 GS1100g
      2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

I'll try to get a couple of her as she sits now. Assuming I can figure out how to post them. Pretty gizmo challenged her. Thanks for the welcome!

Chris

Comment

Aaaaah...busy family man. Welcome. I seem to have no time with just 2 kids......Good luck with the GS and your other projects.
          sigpic
          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
          -Rusty old scooter.
          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Are you southwest Washington or southwest WA....as in Pemberton, Nannup, Bridgetown, that sort of thing??

Comment

Welcome to the site. In the meantime this link should help you get some pics up.
              Mike

http://members.dslextreme.com/users/...t_pictures.pdf
              sigpic1981 gs1000G Black
              1969 Honda Dream Apart and someday will be painted!

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.

Comment

Southwest Washington as in Longview, Kelso, Kalama, that sort of thing.

Comment

Working...
                X