I thought this looked familiar.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought this looked familiar.

Was going though Used Victoria and spotted this ad http://www.usedvictoria.com/classifi...00-SG_25836748 then looked again just now,it's in twice.The other ad http://www.usedvictoria.com/classifi...400SG_25836817 .Well that's the bike that was supposed to be my wife's learner bike before we found out it would jeopardize her disability pension if she rode.Didn't even take new pics as those are mine Here's the texts and pics from the ads:

Available whole or individual parts. Rare motorcycle. Two engines, two sets of carbs. The engine on the bike is in excellent condition, brand new tires, refurbished frame and wheels, replaced brakes front and rear. The bike is registered with clear title. 85,xxx kms. I am open to reasonable offers.
    From the second ad:

Project bike: needs carbs done, front brake bled and clutch service, seat re-covered. Engine rebuilt last winter, assembled with assembly grease. New oil filter, brand new battery, new brakes pads and shoes, BRAND NEW TIRES (never ridden on), frame restored, wheels restored. Spare set of carbs and a spare engine. All parts present and accounted for, plus Clymer manual. The bike is registered in BC with clear title. Complete this project and it could be eligible for collectors plates.

To funny seeing this bike again!Contemplated keeping it but my 750EF is a better fit.

Thats a cool bike.
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

So, did you sell it for $500 and now the current owner is trying to make 20% on the sale?
      '83 GS650G
      '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
        So, did you sell it for $500 and now the current owner is trying to make 20% on the sale?
        Current owner did enough to get more money than he bought it for,I didn't have the title for a start.If we wanted it back I'd give him the $600.I really like 400's but look just a bit out of place on one.Still wish I was doing it for Kelly

Comment

For crimmy sake

Project bike: needs carbs done, a new battery. Engine rebuilt a year ago, assembled with assembly grease. New oil filter, brand new battery, new brakes pads and shoes, BRAND NEW TIRES (never ridden on), frame restored, wheels restored. Spare set of carbs and a spare engine. All parts present and accounted for, plus Clymer manual. The bike is registered in BC with clear title. Complete this project and it could be eligible for collectors plates. Selling because I don't have the time or money to fix it up.
          And it's gone up $200.Makes me wish we could buy it back before some hack "artist" messes it up bad

Can't anybody take they're own pics?

Comment

One of a kind 2006 SVs which has been converted into a streetfighter-style bike. Bought at 33,000km's in 2013, sitting at about 53,600 now. Great condition, no rust, and serviced regularly at Action, starts up like new. Insurance expires November. Terrific middle-weight bike with great mid-range power. Great for a new or experienced riders.

Features:
            -Brand new rear tire and brake pad
            -6 week old gold chain
            -After Market front LED turn signals
            -Heated grips
            -Bar-End Mirrors
            -Delkevic Slip on-Exhaust
            -Corbin Saddle
            -Frame Sliders
            -Hayabusa Shifter
            -Pazzo levers
            -ZX-9 Upgraded rear suspension
            -Ricor Intimidator Shocks
            -Solo Seat Cowl
            -After Market Belly Pan
            -After Market rear tire mud guard
            -After Market front fender extender
            -Suzuki SV Maintenance Manual
            -Various OEM Parts, including rear grab rail

And I recognize my "old" SV,so sad to me as this is what it looked like before I sold it

Comment

Translation...... He dumped it and wiped out the front fender and fairing..
              Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
              Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
              1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                Translation...... He dumped it and wiped out the front fender and fairing..
                I belive the PO of this guy had the fairing when he sold it.Some thing are wrong in the ad to.The shock is a ZX10 not a 9 and the Ricor simulators are in the forks along with Sonic springs.The 'Busa shiftier is an aftermarket folder I put on to.
                Last edited by Guest; 10-17-2016, 01:45 PM.

Comment

I wish that they sold that small GS in the USA. I want to get my GF a small friendly, and highway capable motorcycle. Virtually all of the small GS I've found are thrashed. I like them all, from the first 400s to the 450S, but the 8 valve with that body style is the coolest in my opinion. Sadly, it is well on its way to death by neglect.
                  Last edited by 850 Combat; 02-18-2017, 04:28 PM.
                  sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Working...
                  X