81 gs1100e aftermarket shocks recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mack View Post
    Thanks guys, my local suspension shop is suggesting these....

http://www.ridefox.com/product.php?m...350&ref=filter
    Not sure how you would mount them on the swing arm, they look nice though.
    81 gs 1100 E One owner,Me.

Comment

Originally posted by yank View Post
      Not sure how you would mount them on the swing arm, they look nice though.
      That's what I thought.
      No signature

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
        "V-twin specific"

They do look nice, though.

I wondered about that as well, but the suspension guy said don't worry you'll love them or il replace them with something else....when I think of how many vintage jap bikes are running progressives I tens to believe him...fox features this cafe with the same shocks.

FOX redefines ride dynamics for ATVs, mountain bikes, motocross, off-road vehicles, snowmobiles, trucks, and UTVs.

Comment

QUOTE=yank;2246112]Not sure how you would mount them on the swing arm, they look nice though.[/QUOTE]

I assume you mean because of the Clevis fitting? Apparently you can get an adapter....this cafe featured on the fox site has the adapter.
          FOX redefines ride dynamics for ATVs, mountain bikes, motocross, off-road vehicles, snowmobiles, trucks, and UTVs.

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
            That's what I thought.
            I I assume you mean because of the Clevis fitting? Apparently you can get an adapter....this cafe featured on the fox site has the adapter.....are you the same Trevor on BCCMCC?

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
              you want the longer ones. 13.5"
              Definitely

Comment

Originally posted by rudeman View Post
                Progressive shocks are shorter than stock and that slows down the steering response; that's show stopper for me.
                Really? My rear Progressives were the same length as my stock ones and my street strokers.
                sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

It even states on the Progressive site that they're shorter.

Nothing personal.

Comment

Originally posted by rudeman View Post
                    It even states on the Progressive site that they're shorter.

http://www.progressivesuspension.com/product/1485/12-series-dampers

Nothing personal.
                    Yeah so, I measured mine when I got them against my old stock ones and my street strokers I used to replace the stock ones with. They all measured the same with the springs on.
                    2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
                      Yeah so, I measured mine when I got them against my old stock ones and my street strokers I used to replace the stock ones with. They all measured the same with the springs on.
                      Thanks for the confirmation.

Your bike is very close to mine and its good to know others have confirmed mods on a bike similar to my own.

And you seem to know a thing or two about chiles and NM food; which is good too...

Comment

Originally posted by Ecklund View Post
                        Thanks for the confirmation.

Your bike is very close to mine and its good to know others have confirmed mods on a bike similar to my own.

And you seem to know a thing or two about chiles and NM food; which is good too...
                        Been in NM for 54 years, you learn a few things about chile here lol... Dang near been on my 750 about the same amount of time, you learn a few things about it as well.
                        2015 CAN AM RTS

Comment

Working...
                        X