No announcement yet.

1982 GS750T....Soon to be 1981/1982 GS1100T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or maybe I'm just making up situations in my mind I pulled the valve cover off pull the plugs and looked at it ....looks fine

Comment

Back on the road! 30 mile ride around a local lake....great windy roads. All went well. I did lose the nut off the cam chain tensioner, but I had a back-up!
      The paint bubbled pretty bad on one side of my head, but I can fix. At least I can ride this beast with nice new rings and valve stem seals. No smoke is nice!!!!
      Cannot believe the power this bike has. My neighbor rode his bike too and I found myself stopping and waiting on him to catch up quite a few times. It was a great time.

Last edited by Guest; 07-24-2017, 12:17 PM.

Comment

I love the pictures you've posted. Glad you are enjoying her.

Ed
        GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
        GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
        Originally posted by GSXR7ED
        Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

I've clocked 95 miles so far....seating the rings. Man I love this bike!!

Comment

Thats a fantastic bike..looks awesome.
            MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
            1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

110 miles and VHT paint bubbled on head like a SOB. Damn it!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bikemtn View Post
                110 miles and VHT paint bubbled on head like a SOB. Damn it!!!!
                Just the head? Has me concerned, as I'm using VHT on my engine, and am about to put it back together...
                sigpic

Check out my rebuild thread here: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...GS-750-Rebuild

Comment

Did you use primer on the head and cylinders..? It looks like it in an earlier pick of them hanging. It might be the primer under the VHT bubbling if so.
                  1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

Originally posted by nvr2old View Post
                    Did you use primer on the head and cylinders..? It looks like it in an earlier pick of them hanging. It might be the primer under the VHT bubbling if so.
                    I did prime them. The head is the only part blistering. But it's the only part I did not soda blast either. Followed VHT instructions to the t. Wiped all parts with laquer thinner too.https://i.imgur.com/7VxLGhe.jpg
                    Last edited by Guest; 08-12-2017, 01:30 PM.

Comment

That looks nasty, and way more than a touch up... Sorry to hear about your woes. That's gotta be disheartening after spending so much time and effort, being so careful.
                      sigpic

Check out my rebuild thread here: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...GS-750-Rebuild

Comment

Originally posted by Sam 78 GS750 View Post
                        That looks nasty, and way more than a touch up... Sorry to hear about your woes. That's gotta be disheartening after spending so much time and effort, being so careful.
                        The bright side is I'm riding. That's all that matters.

Comment

Yeah, only you can see the bubbles while rinding anyways. Still looks great!
                          I build Pipers

Comment

New addition to the family.
                            1984 XL250R 2700 miles. I am the third owner.

Comment

Working...
                            X