Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

December Bike of the Month

I love it, absolutely love it!!!
    I am confused though, the title says its an '83 but, the rims are '82, the color is '82, the rear sets and pegs are '82, the engine and carbs are '82 so, is it an '82 or an '83? Obviously the owner knows much better than I do! Either way, its absolutely outstanding!!!!!!

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Originally posted by wacky941 View Post
    I am confused though, the title says its an '83 but, the rims are '82, the color is '82, the rear sets and pegs are '82, the engine and carbs are '82 so, is it an '82 or an '83?
    Sure looks like an '82 to me!
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Good googly ! How do you make side covers shine like that ??

2015_12.jpg
      Last edited by bonanzadave; 12-01-2015, 10:10 PM.
      82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Hey guys, thanks for the comments, sorry it's a typo. The bike is indeed a 82' sorry for the confusion!!!

Comment

What a great looking bike, no wonder it is BOM. Beautiful!!!
          Larry

'79 GS 1000E
          '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
          '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
          '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
          '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S.
            This is where I go when I enter this site:

Why isn't there an easy way to go to the Bike of the Month?
            Either go to the "thegsesources.com" url manually or go to the last dark vertical bar on the page you're viewing and click on "The GSResources Homepage".

And yes another stunning motorcycle and a very well thought out and composed photograph.
            '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Very well deserving bike for BOM, congratulations!! That thing must be a train.
              Rob
              1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
              Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Originally posted by evh View Post
                The bike is indeed a 82' sorry for the confusion!!!
                Is the crank welded?
                1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Yes crank was welded... it's not a big of an issue as some might think... i personally know a guy with 70,000kms on his 82' with no crank issues and he's not shy with his throttle... not everybody is over reving and downshifting their bike in redline on road courses..
                  Last edited by Guest; 12-02-2015, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Not got a clue to the year but that is one very nicely finished motorcycle first class job sir!
                    The big guy up there rides a Suzuki (this I know)
                    1981 gs850gx

1999 RF900
                    past bikes. RF900
                    TL1000s
                    Hayabusa
                    gsx 750f x2
                    197cc Francis Barnett
                    various British nails

Comment

1982 GS1100GK almost done

Almost done just waiting on the seat
                      Attached Files

Comment

Please delete your post, you posted in the wrong section by accident.
                        Rob
                        1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                        Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
                          Please delete your post, you posted in the wrong section by accident.
                          I don't know...maybe we have Miss Jan???
                          No signature

Comment

very nice! well deserved

Comment

Thanks everyone for all the kind words.. Much appreciated. This spring I am doing an engine swap into this bike.. I have a 84' GS1150 engine that im building on the bench right now.. Im hoping to get 150hp out of it.. Should make for a fun bike to rip around the streets / highway with!

Comment

Working...
                              X