RIP George Bourroughs (the Koolaid Kid)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP George Bourroughs (the Koolaid Kid)

It is with sadness I heard tonight that George (the Koolaid Kid) has passed. I met George on a few group rides as well as in Indianapolis when I went to pick up my GSX1100G. Good guy. RIP George.
    Last edited by marvinsc; 01-03-2016, 12:02 AM.
    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Oh wow. My condolences to his family. I never had a chance to meet him but he helped me out a few times; he was a great guy!
    sigpic
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Very sad. Rode with George a few times over the past several years. Good man, with a good sense of humor. My thoughts are with his family.
      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

I was just thinking about half an hour ago during another thread, that I wondered where the Koolaid Kid was. Weird, never done anything like that before.
        GSRick
        No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
        Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Sorry and sad to hear of this. Thoughts and prayers to his friends and family.
          sigpic
          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
          -Rusty old scooter.
          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Sad to hear. One of the first members I interacted with; always positive.
            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

He always seemed like one of the good ones. What happened?

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

That's a bummer. Sad to hear...
                sigpic
                83 GS1100g
                2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Very sorry to hear this. Hopefully one of the Indiana boys will chime in with the scoop but he sold his bike a while back because of medical reasons. So sad. He sent me a free care package full of Kawasaki valve shims that I'll be using for years to come so his spirit lives on in my bike!
                  Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

That is so sad. I only rode with George a few times but he was quite a character. One of the funniest stories I've ever heard involved his motorcycle's oil cooler line disconnecting and spraying oil all over someone.

May he rest in peace.
                    Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
                    Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

I'll miss him. I rode with him several times and even split a room with him back when Adam was running the ESE rally out of Robbinsville, NC. He was the architect of a secret "get well soon" project when Brian Wringer busted his leg several years ago. He was a good representative of the spirit of the GSR. RIP George...
                      16 KTM 1290 Super Duke GT with 175hp stock, no upgrades required...
                      13 Yamaha WR450 with FMF pipe, Baja Designs street legal kit
                      78 GS750E finely tuned with:

78 KZ1000 in pieces with:
                      Rust, new ignition, burnt valves and CLEAN carbs!

History book:
                      02 GSF1200S Bandit (it was awesome)
                      12 Aprilia Shiver 750
                      82 GS1100G

83 Kaw 440LTD

Comment

Awww, I'm sorry to hear of his passing.

I saw his posts and replies and liked his avatar but that's all I knew of him.

Condolences to his family.

Ed
                        GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                        GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                        Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                        Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

That's terrible news. I didn't know the man personally, but always enjoyed his posts.

My deepest condolences to all his friends and family.

Comment

Lost a good one there, sorry to hear this.
                            -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Never had any direct deals with him but he always seemed very.......genuine.I will miss his posts for sure.Condolences from the west coast.

Comment

Working...
                              X