GSX400E Project Suzzie.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
    Wow! I forgot about this build. It looks great!
    Thank you. Still having issues linking PB to this web site. Works on others.

Comment

Here we go..

Used the PC, must be an iPad thing although it worked fine on another site.

Better start looking for another project as this one is close to being done.

Comment

If it were mine, my next project would be finding a destination to ride it to - with lots of twisty bits and few cars on the way. Get some sun and airflow to help dry the paint….
        '82 GS450T

Comment

Originally posted by John Park View Post
          If it were mine, my next project would be finding a destination to ride it to - with lots of twisty bits and few cars on the way. Get some sun and airflow to help dry the paint….

That is also in the plan John.

Comment

It's been a long time. Due to medical issues with the other half this project was put on hold. I prefer to forget 2016.

Found a front cowl up in Canada and also the brackets to mount from another ad.

This is what the windscreen looked like.

After clean up. Got it the best I could.

Front cowl wasn't to bad.

Painted up nicely. Cleaned up the turns.

This is where I'm at now. Getting ready to install the carburetors, fire it up and sync.

Onward, a little at a time.

Comment

I thought about this project recently, when I saw the same bike on CL locally.
              Sorry to hear 2016 was a bust. I hope all is well now.
              sigpic
              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
              -Rusty old scooter.
              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Thanks for the update and sorry to hear about medical issues with your partner. I was also wondering what happened with this fantastic project.

Is this bike going to hit CL/ebay or is it to become a keeper?
                Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Thanks guys, as well as can be expected with the other half. Doing very well compared to a year ago.

I prefer to keep this one as I sold my Ducati. Didn't want to sell it but never rode it and the money was strong. I have a lot into this build and could never come close if selling the bike. The original owner has shown interest in buying it back as I give all sellers that option otherwise the bike will stay in the family.

Assembling the carburetors today as I had to order a few more parts. The diaphrams were in excellent condition however I did find a new set in Germany for $130.00 shipped. Since these are very difficult to find and CMS gets $177 each thought I better pick them up.

I also was lucky to find the fuel crossover tube out in Rhode Island on flea bay. The whole project would be at a standstill without it. Mine was shot. Long discontinued. Probably could of jimmyed something up however.

Hopefully I can get the carburetors installed next week. Sorry for the upload as Photobucket just doesn't work on this site using a iPad.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hope 2017 works out better for you and your partner.
                    The bike turned out great.
                    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Finished up the carburetors and gathered up some new parts

Earlier these were replaced with new O rings and SS bolts.

Mounted up the carburetors.

Then installed new boots to the air box along with new clamps.

Hooked up a overhead fuel supply and she fired right up once the fuel got to the carbs. Sounds wonderful.

The only issue at this time is the tach lags and doesn't read properly. I have swapped out the cable. Pretty sure it worked before but that was 14 months ago.

Any ideas guys?

Comment

Since it was a beautiful morning I decided to just finish her up. Excited going on 14 months. Everything went smooth, fuel gauge works and like I said, just sounds great.

I have looked at this color under shop lights for so long I need to get her out for a spin and adjust anything needed.

Please enjoy.

Last edited by Guest; 05-02-2017, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Fantastic! even the plastic rear fender is so lovely and black !

Comment

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
                            Fantastic! even the plastic rear fender is so lovely and black !
                            Thank you! I did that myself with off the shelf plastic paint. Had to wet sand it down a few times in order to get the finish even.

Comment

..aah so! ...the "plastic paint" is a newish product I have tried on other things and seems very good....I am so Jealous!! I really should tart my bike up a bit but that would just make yours look better, I fear!

Comment

The tach needle support bearings usually have a glob of some sort of [silicone?] jelly that acts as a damper. This can need some waking up. My tach has no damping left at all and will swing past on shifts.
                                '82 GS450T

Comment

Working...
                                X