No announcement yet.

GSX400E Project Suzzie.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got her out on the town this morning. What a hoot! Really, just tons of smiles.

The tachometer reads just fine. Maybe it woke up? At any rate, thanks for the replies folks.

Did I say this thing is a hoot? It truly is.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I have some spare parts in good workable condition. When I get a free minute and get off this thing I'll post in the For Sale thread.
    Last edited by Guest; 05-12-2017, 10:45 AM. Reason: Text

Comment

Yeah I love them to.Just look like a gorilla humping a football on a 400

Comment

Originally posted by SVSooke View Post
        Yeah I love them to.Just look like a gorilla humping a football on a 400
        Just right for a trip to Starbucks. Actually it's the right size for the type and time I have to ride anymore. Hard pressed to ever sell it not that I could get out what I have in it. No worries, smiles are worth more.

Waiting for the fuel gauge to move. Not sure it's fully functional yet. If not I'll buy one and replace down the road. Could be sender, could be gauge.

Comment

Clear the confusion.

OK forum guru's. What or when or why do I see two different side cover variations?

My 82 just states GS400E.

Attached Files

Comment

I don't know exactly what you are referring to, but Canadian GSX 400s just had GS400 as a model name. In Europe, the same bike said GSX; probably the Canadian importer didn't want to add any more letters.
            '82 GS450T

Comment

You nailed it John. I'm ordering up some side cover decals and when I bought mine it said GS. I have seen pictures of GSX thus wanted to order the correct set.

You never know what the previous owner did.

Thank you Sir.

Comment

Europe is GSX, North America is just GS.

GSX means 4 valve cylinders in Europe, anything prior to the 4 valve was just GS even in Europe, however the X never made it to NA market even though they became 4 valves in 81.

My understanding anyways
                1978 Gs1085 compliments of Popy Yosh, Bandit 1200 wheels and front end, VM33 Smoothbores, Yosh exhaust, braced frame, ported polished head
                1983 Gs1100ESD, rebuild finished! Body paintwork happening winter 2017

I would rather trust my bike to a technician that reads the service manual than some backyardigan that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix things.

Comment

Originally posted by Fjbj40 View Post
                  Europe is GSX, North America is just GS.

GSX means 4 valve cylinders in Europe, anything prior to the 4 valve was just GS even in Europe, however the X never made it to NA market even though they became 4 valves in 81.

My understanding anyways
                  Thanks for the reply. I have a GSX but side cover decal just states GS.
                  Attached Files

Comment

look at this deal! European model to boot! Just over $200 US

1978 Gs1085 compliments of Popy Yosh, Bandit 1200 wheels and front end, VM33 Smoothbores, Yosh exhaust, braced frame, ported polished head
                    1983 Gs1100ESD, rebuild finished! Body paintwork happening winter 2017

I would rather trust my bike to a technician that reads the service manual than some backyardigan that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix things.

Comment

Sweet deal and just across the harbour from you. Are those a set of Marzocchi shocks I see?
                      '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Great deal I would say.

Comment

Decided to finish off the GS side covers with a set of decals from BD Design out of Canada. Brian is a super guy to deal with. Currency conversion is cheap also.

When I get on my laptop I'll post more pictures. I know a hosting site is preferable but the iPad won't let me paste it here.

Its the little things.

Last edited by Guest; 05-25-2017, 08:06 AM. Reason: Text

Comment

Some more pictures of the side cover emblems and inserts.

I took many measurement's off a old side cover. Had a few tiny bubbles but decals always gave me fits. Acceptable however.

One side..

Then the other..

Have to admit it does finish it off. Much better.

Have a safe Holiday!

Comment

Working...
                            X