...It followed me home!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...It followed me home!

So I got another bike... #3 in the Heard.

I responded to what seemed like a deal too good to be true on CL. The guy called me back and we started to gab, come to find out this guys was my neighbor that I ran into a couple of times!... He explained he was trying to come up with some cash quick and needed to sell one of his bikes... I said sure, I'll take a look at it. Why not right? Roll the mile down the road go into his garage and found a gem of a motorcycle... I didn't really need to dicker much, with a clean title and Bill of sale I walked away with this find for only $2500...

2004 Honda VTX1800. (C I think?) 22k miles. Fresh tires and oil, Brakes and rubber bits are in great shape. Engine is exceptionally torquey and quite quick for it's heft. Vance and Hines pipes, Power commander, K&N air filter.

Oh There isn't blemish on the thing either...

It came with the stock exhaust, and some other bits. The thing is covered in aftermarket goodies... All honestly I'll be stripping it down and doing some more custom (to my liking) work to it... For the price I just couldn't say no.

My neighbor was super appreciative and was glad to see it go to me. He's an older gentleman and he can't ride as much as he wants to these days. Told me some MC stories (came with the deal I guess). It was a great experience, no one lost on this deal. Just reciprocated good vibes!

So once it warms up I'm going to start stripping it down and customizing it for me... To tell the honest truth I was looking at buying an Indian Scout or Victory Gunner sooner vs later and dropping $5K and financing the rest... When I ran into this deal I decided to keep my coin in the bank instead and buy this one outright. It's quite the machine! Goes very very well too, gets up to 100 pretty damn fast. I'm happy... If I don't like it down the road, I could sell it in the spring and nearly double my coin...
    Last edited by Jedz123; 02-11-2016, 07:38 AM.
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Originally posted by jabcb
    — the collection now includes a 75/5 (five 1975 bikes).

Pictures ?

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Great deal! Awesome barn!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post

doooooooooooooood... you are officially motopsycho. bring it to the rally. i just might be able to keep up with that bike on the twisty places.
        2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
        82 gs1100L probably the next project
        1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
        1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

...........and that exhaust will keep the bears away....

..from our beer..
          2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
          82 gs1100L probably the next project
          1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
          https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
          1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

first time I rode one of those it was running on 1 cylinder and I thought it was a normal cruiser - - after I finished getting it to run properly what a beast!!

$100 to change the spark plugs is not fun though. excellent motorcycle !
            SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post

..from our beer..
              A$$...
              LMAO I blame my altered mental situation on that.
              Jedz Moto
              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
              1988 Honda GL1500-6
              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

doooooooooooooood... you are officially motopsycho. bring it to the rally. i just might be able to keep up with that bike on the twisty places.
                Once I figure out a way to relocate the pegs(firstly get rid of those floor boards)... Raise the height and run ZR rubber I'm hoping it fairs OK... This thing on the straights though... Blaster, that engine is nothing but torque.
                Last edited by Jedz123; 02-11-2016, 09:51 AM.
                Jedz Moto
                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Great buy! Nice looking bike. As an owner of a vtx and a gs I can tell you that you will love it! Completely different machines I love them both!
                  83 gs850
                  07 vtx1300c

Comment

Nice score! My oldest son rode one for several years. He loved it.

Comment

Welcome to Honda
                      Next will be the Goldwing -- Call me when you get it and we can ride to Cali together.
                      The VTX is a great bike and you got it at a great price.
                      The floor boards probably interfere with cornering clearance ..?
                      Change them out and enjoy - these handle better than most people understand.
                      Currently I only 2 bikes - the GS and the Wing -
                      I find riding more than that too much effort so I prefer to have my stable down to a manageable # (for me)

Currently in the Stable :
                      2002 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Sunburst Pearl Orange
                      1983 Suzuki GS850 GL Blue & Black

" I am never lost until I run out of fuel...until that moment I am EXPLORING."
                      - Carl R. Munkwitz

Munk's Maxim: "There is no such thing as a cheap motorcycle"

Comment

Originally posted by jabcb
                        Pic of the 75/4. Got a 1975 XS650 late last year & don’t have a pic of the group.
                        Awesome little tid bit of your collection. Do you get a chance to ride much? hoping so. Great deal you got there Jedz, $2500 you just can't lose, congrats. Hey, looking at your bike pictures..do you even own an old bike anymore??
                        Rob
                        1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                        Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
                          Awesome little tid bit of your collection. Do you get a chance to ride much? hoping so. Great deal you got there Jedz, $2500 you just can't lose, congrats. Hey, looking at your bike pictures..do you even own an old bike anymore??
                          ...Yeah lol the Honda is old!... No I don't. I went through the heard and swapped everything to Fuel Injection this year. I wanted a Cruiser and was gong to buy new but I know how Bad A$$ the VTX was and for that price, hell, I couldn't say no.

I'm planning on stripping it down and infusing it with some GS bits I have hanging about to lighten it up. I plan to make it a UJM build.... Lol out of a cruiser... I'll be sure to start a new thread.
                          Jedz Moto
                          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                          1988 Honda GL1500-6
                          2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

..from our beer..
                            LOLOLOLOLOL

Too funny!!!
                            Currently bikeless
                            '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
                            '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
                              LOLOLOLOLOL

Too funny!!!
                              Hey at least it was only the bears that scared me... Seamed like the rain was scarier that weekend...
                              Jedz Moto
                              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                              1988 Honda GL1500-6
                              2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Working...
                              X