Gs450 wheel swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gs450 wheel swap

I have an 81 gs450 with the alloy wheels ,and want to switchover to spoked wheels. Will any year gs450 wheels fit? Im only concerned with the axle and brakes working the swing arm is not stock length on my bike.

Sorry, don't have an answer to you, but also interested in doing the swap at some point. Plus, do you have a longer swingarm? From what bike is it?
    -81 GS850G
    -82 GS450

Comment

I also don't have an answer but am interested in what the swingarm is
      1980/1981 GS450 - GS500 Cylinder + Piston Swap - "De-L'ed", custom seat, CB350 bits, 18" rear, etc.
      1977 GS550
      1977 GS750 - Cross country trip thread

Comment

I put '78 400 spoke wheels on my '82 and there's nothing to trip you up; you DO need to have the whole wheel with sprocket carrier and brake backing plate as the wheel hub is different which requires the corresponding parts. IOW, the whole shebang drops right in but the parts aren't interchangeable. Same axle.

There's a lot of cross compatibility with older bikes like the GT 380 and such, but you need to look at the specific bike.

I'm running an 18" front on a T which had a 19". It steers a bit quicker that way, and I don't think they altered the geometry between the Es and the Ts but the Ls are a different frame.
        '82 GS450T

Comment

Working...
        X