78 GS1000 left for dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to those who made it possible

Last edited by Guest; 03-31-2017, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Bravo!!!!!
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Congrats buddy
        I build Pipers

Comment

Classic Motorcycle Mechanics mag....

35 years after the fact, I made it in a magazine with my first GS1000E... Damn that was a long time ago.
          Classic Motorcycle Mechanics magazine 4-17....

Comment

Hooligan attire. haha.
            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

I kinda want to pick your brain about the FJ1100, there's a lot of used ones here for sale here in really good condition.

Comment

I loved mine from the first ride, until the day it died....at the hands of a friend who slammed into a car that pulled out in front of him.
                The bike was perfect in everyway for me with no issues ever for the 3 years I had it....The silver/red combo I think was the best out of the close to 15 year lifespan of the FJ series.
                And the engine lived on to the XJR, up until last year I believe. That is over 30 year life span of a engine design, it is a good one in my opinion.

Originally posted by jibledso View Post
                I kinda want to pick your brain about the FJ1100, there's a lot of used ones here for sale here in really good condition.

Comment

Busa, I hope you seriously consider stopping by at the Brown County Rally. You're definitely a character I'd like to meet. 👍
                  My Motorcycles:
                  22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                  22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                  82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                  81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                  79 1000e (all original)
                  82 850g (all original)
                  80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

I've got it on the calendar, as it gets closer I'll have a better idea if I'll make it down there.
                    I need to get some more miles on the bike to make sure nothing will fall off on a long far off ride.

Comment

First bike show of the season

Took a couple of my bikes to a local show last weekend. First public viewing of my GS, and first time out in 3 years for my GT. A Kawasaki triple took the trophy, ...everybody loves an H2 I guess
                      Saw viperg at the show and talked as I was loading back up to head home...
                      It was good to talk to you again in person, and hope to make it to the next show your at in a few more weeks...just need to decide what I'll be taking...???
                      Attached Files

Comment

500 miles

500 miles and no issues yet....almost feel relaxed without worry of parts falling off now.

Comment

Originally posted by busa1300 View Post
                          500 miles and no issues yet....almost feel relaxed without worry of parts falling off now.
                          too bad, 'cause i would love to see some of those land on my doorstep

Kudos for the way you restored the bike, from parts and style to color, i love it !
                          Rijk

Top 10 Newbie Mistakes thread

CV Carb rebuild tutorial
                          VM Carb rebuild tutorial
                          Bikecliff's website
                          The Stator Papers

"The thing about freedom - it's never free"

Comment

Thanks
                            I had a hard time restraining myself, and not using new age GSXR front end and rear wheel and....well I had a lot of other ideas I wanted to use too.
                            But it came out ok even with the Old Skool look, since I didn't have a 4 stroke with wire wheels.

Comment

Another website has interest in my GS, and did a short write up

Caferacergarge.eu is a blog for Cafe Racer, Scrambler, Tracker and Restomod enthusiasts. Posts about the best custom motorcycle builds, iconic motorcycle stories and custom motorcycle events.

Comment

Randy, you and your bike have done a great job representing the GS marque.
                                2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Working...
                                X