New Guy North Bay Ontario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Guy North Bay Ontario

Picked up my new to me 1979 GS750e from a gentleman just outside of Ottawa.
    Don't have much history on the bike but from looking at it, it has had some engine work done in the past (not the owner I bought it from) and is in decent shape.
    Mechanically fit, I am running into a bit of an issue with the one cylender on the left (#1 shifter side) not firing properly. Going to dig through things and figure that one out.
    The bike is stock from what I can see. Some over time repairs (plug wires, etc) but otherwise not in bad shape.

Welcome to the site, Mike.
    Hopefully you found Cliff's site with a ton of info for your bike. http://members.dslextreme.com/users/bikecliff/
    The usual....post a pic of your bike.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Always nice to see another Canuk, welcome aboard and lets see some pictures.
      Rob
      1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
      Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

This is the only decent picture I have so far of the old girl. The paint is rough, she's not showroom ready, but oh does it turn heads when you kick her over at the gas station.
        Looking forward to cleaning it up and making it mine. Need to resolve a few minor items (hand grips, chock cable and air filter on order) and replace or relocate the mirrors. Not sure if they are OEM for that year, but being a small guy, I can't see past my shoulders with them.
        20160429_124731.jpg

Comment

Mirrors look like EMGO aftermarket mirrors.. I have a set on my Vulcan500. Nice looking bike!

Comment

Welcome to the site. Yes it is a nice looking bike. Looks a lot like my 1000E. I think those are the same mirrors as mine also.
            Larry

'79 GS 1000E
            '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
            '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
            '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
            '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Working...
            X