Clear All

Got my new battery today

[SIGPIC1980 GS1000E
    Yamaharley Roadstar Silverado.2008sigpic

Would you use it or send it back!
    [SIGPIC1980 GS1000E

Comment

I'd send that back. Looks like it was dropped on that terminal post.
      Jordan

1977 Suzuki GS750 (My first bike)
      2000 Kawasaki ZRX1100
      1973 BMW R75/5

Comment

Return to sender!
        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Free shipping. I should have paid for UPS. SLA Battery Store is going to charge me a 20% restocking fee.
          [SIGPIC1980 GS1000E

Comment

For returning damaged goods? That would be the last money of mine they'd ever see.

Comment

It's the negative terminal, there appears to be no other damage (visable) the terminal is not loose or anything. I contacted SLA Battery Store and sent pictures like they asked by E-Mail they are reviewing and will get back to me. The battery was 39 bucks and change. It's fully charged I might just take a chance with it depending on how big of pain in the behind it is to send back.
              [SIGPIC1980 GS1000E

Comment

damaged goods and no face to face accountability? carnival games give you a better chance of winning.... internet batteries are batteries that cannot pass quality inspections ..... what are you going to do when a cell drops off next month. take a picture and wait? - well no need to rub it in but you sir are going down a expensive path - buying junk off the internet to save 30 bucks. quality battery like that with a 1 year full replacement is approximately 59 dollars and tax- I work at a bike shop and we take care of this kind of shipping problems before you ever handle the battery- and if it fails 11 months later I am just as happy to give you another on the spot and apologize for the trouble.

batteries are time sensitive perishable items -- would you buy a bologna sammich from the internet -- and complain the mayo smells funny?
                SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Originally posted by trippivot View Post
                  internet batteries are batteries that cannot pass quality inspections
                  The storage and delivery method have nothing to do with quality on anything. I can buy the best of everything or the worst of anything on the internet depending on what I buy and where I go. It mostly depends on the relative AMOUNT you spend and who is selling it.

I would agree that a "white box" battery from China selling for $15.00 is less likely to last, however I can just as likely spend a little more, get a brand name and get a great deal on something.

(The Chrome battery i just bought seems pretty good, its an AGM, fits, holds a charge and does a good job starting the bike, and its a lot less @ $56.00 delivered than the deal from the shop down the road that wanted to charge me $85.00 for a wet cell old style battery. The Chrome also came with a 2 year free warranty, free return shipping for 1st 60 days.)

Comment

Working...
                  X