How many motorcycles is enough? One mans collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many motorcycles is enough? One mans collection

Here is a video I made of a friends collection south of Omaha - Crank the volume!

Down a gravel road in Iowa

Sometimes too much is just enough!

Rich is his name, here is his web site, nice guy, but busy!
    You can only ride one at a time!
    2.04%
    You only really need 3-5 at the most
    45.92%
    Bacon
    12.24%
    Never say too many!
    45.92%
    Last edited by Guest; 05-10-2016, 02:53 PM.

I bet he's so busy buying stuff he never has time to ride any of them.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

dang, that's quit the collection! I wouldn't find a few of them taking space in my garage...

Comment

There's no option for Two (2). That's my magic number.

That collection requires riding a different one every day.

Ed
        GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
        GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
        Originally posted by GSXR7ED
        Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
          I bet he's so busy buying stuff he never has time to ride any of them.
          Pretty much a fact. He runs regular routes between the coasts and is always buying and selling. Super friendly guy, welcomes guests with notice.

Originally posted by charnotx View Post
          dang, that's quit the collection! I wouldn't find a few of them taking space in my garage...
          You and me both!

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
          There's no option for Two (2). That's my magic number.

That collection requires riding a different one every day.

Ed
          I'm trying to work my way back down to that magic number. In order to do so, I've disqualified scooters or minibikes.

2 motorcycles, that will be fine.

Both running or not, that is the next question -

Always nice to have parts bikes around.....

Thanks to all for the comments

Oh, I added his contact info to the original post if any of you have bikes to sell or are looking for something, consider him a resource.

Or, if you just want to see his collection.
          Last edited by Guest; 05-10-2016, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Anyone notice he bought the tri-wing?
            That is a large collection.
            Hope they are stored correctly.
            Way to many for me.
            But for some, never enough.
            Split on this, I think he has to many as bikes need riders.
            Better then seeing them hacked into trash though.

Comment

yea, hopefully they have been stored properly... Would be bad if they are roting inside themselves.. And agreed, bikes need to be riden! Maybe he should just host visiting motorcycle clubs and let them take them out

Comment

Originally posted by Crankthat View Post
                Anyone notice he bought the tri-wing?
                That is a large collection.
                Hope they are stored correctly.
                Way to many for me.
                But for some, never enough.
                Split on this, I think he has to many as bikes need riders.
                Better then seeing them hacked into trash though.
                yea, hopefully they have been stored properly... Would be bad if they are roting inside themselves.. And agreed, bikes need to be riden! Maybe he should just host visiting motorcycle clubs and let them take them out
                Be fun to ride maybe once -

I'm sure none of you want anyone telling you what you can and can not do with your own property.
                The same applies to Rich.
                If you could not tell from the pictures, he takes better care of them than easily 90% of the owners out there.
                Many of those are for his personal collection and will never (never say never) be resold, most are resold to people like you and me looking for those particular bikes.
                Before anyone gets on a "Let's bash the kid with all the toys" bandwagon, think before you type.
                Act as though your comment was directed back at yourself, if that's what you want to be told -
                You probably have 99 other problems, and I don't want Rich to be one!
                Last edited by Guest; 05-10-2016, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Seriously, would you let anyone ride your motorcycle(s)? (I pretty much do)

He does let people he knows enjoy them, but seriously, that has to be a joke -

Although, he would probably be open to it, with limitations, he is a heck of a nice guy, no kidding.

Comment

Forgot got to include the sarcasm backslash at the end... Yea, I wouldn't let someone ride them, and am dang impressed at his collection. I'd love to one day have acquired that many, if not more. One bike at a time, and if you treat them right they will last forever. Honestly I think it would be cool to try obtaining every version of a specific bike, but that would take many moons...

Comment

And not a Harley in the bunch!
                      sigpic
                      09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
                      1983 GS1100e
                      82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                      1980 GS1260
                      Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Reminds me of walking through a BIG dealership in the 80s. Memories!
                        sigpic
                        1983 GS1100ES (Bought July 2014)
                        1983 GS1100E (Bought July 2014)
                        1985 GS700ES (Bought June 2015) Sold
                        On Christ the Solid Rock I Stand
                        All Other Ground is Sinking Sand

Comment

Forgot got to include the sarcasm backslash at the end... Yea, I wouldn't let someone ride them, and am dang impressed at his collection. I'd love to one day have acquired that many, if not more. One bike at a time, and if you treat them right they will last forever. Honestly I think it would be cool to try obtaining every version of a specific bike, but that would take many moons...
                          He's a seriously good guy, worth stopping and visiting if you are ever in his area.

The only real bitch is the gravel road to get to it all......

And this is one of the best groups of forum members on the internet.

Doubt many here need to wear leather to protect any thin skin.

Comment

Holy crap!! This is in my neighborhood and I have not heard anything about the guy or the collection. But then again, a lot happens that I never hear about.
                            I am going to have to contact this guy so I can see it first hand.
                            I lived in the Bellevue area for 42 years and Glenwood, Iowa is within 30 miles of where I live now.
                            Gotta get in touch.
                            Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                            '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                            '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                            '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                            '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by BoCoMoMann View Post
                              He's a seriously good guy, worth stopping and visiting if you are ever in his area.

The only real bitch is the gravel road to get to it all......

And this is one of the best groups of forum members on the internet.

Doubt many here need to wear leather to protect any thin skin.
                              If I'm ever in the area it ID definitely make the trip. I love seeing collections and hearing the stories behind how they came together. It really speaks to someone's soul when you learn about their passion

Comment

Working...
                              X