How many motorcycles is enough? One mans collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chris View Post
    The actual formula to determine the proper number of bikes a person should have is: N + 1 (N = the current number of motorcycles owned)
    Can confirm.
    #1: 1979 GS 550 EC "Red" – Very first Bike / Overhaul thread        New here? ☛ Read the Top 10 Newbie mistakes thread
    #2: 1978 GS 550 EC "Blue" – Can't make it a donor / "Rebuild" thread     Manuals (and much more): See Cliff's homepage here
    #3: 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 II Racer – One needs a runner while wrenching
    #4: 1980 Moto Guzzi V65C – Something to chill

Comment

"Too many" is when you run out of room. Our one car garage has 5 motorcycles and a mini-bike in it, including a work bench, beer fridge, etc. We have three bikes under the deck, and a mini-bike in the gardening shed. Officially, no more room.
      Kevin
      E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
      "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
      Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

I have 2 currently, the GS and the CB900f. I'd like an enduro or dual-sport, an older Triumph 650, and maybe a Moto Guzzi Cali 1100. Not sure whether I will have all of them concurrently.
        "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
        1982 CB900f

Comment

At least two more besides my 750. The FJ1300 for my touring and maybe 81 GS1100E with a built engine....oh and a 450 enduro to go riding off road with a couple of my girl friends, they are still bugging me to get one yet lol. Just no extra cash yet sigh.
          sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
          1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
          2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

I picked up a 1977 CB550 Supersport over the weekend. Single owner with 7,000 miles for $500 and it runs. When I saw it I couldn't help it but I'm up to 5 now and my buddy's garage is getting pretty full...
            1980/1981 GS450 - GS500 Cylinder + Piston Swap - "De-L'ed", custom seat, CB350 bits, 18" rear, etc.
            1977 GS550
            1977 GS750 - Cross country trip thread

Comment

How many is enough, you ask? One more.

Comment

I had a DR650 as my only bike for the longest time. At first i thought it was awesome that that bike could do everything, but after a while I realized that it kind of sucks at everything, too. Now I had a Honda for my dirt needs and a GS for my street needs.
                '82 GS1100GK

Comment

I have two bikes at the moment. In a way it feels right, but having only 1 garage spot for 2 bikes and a car makes me wonder what I'm doing...

Comment

How many bikes a person would like is one question. And the answer to that is based on how many different riding styles and riding conditions.... and at how many locations ... and distances in between those locations.

But there there are other questions also:
                    - How many available spaces to keep a bike?
                    - How many insurance policys?
                    - How maybe many loan payments?
                    and....
                    - How many batterys to maintain.

And when you exceed one of those, THAT is too many.

Last edited by Redman; 03-16-2017, 12:15 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Minimum of 3.
                      A daily user.
                      Somthing special.
                      Some sort of project.
                      Suzuki GS1000 1978
                      Honda CB400F 1976

Keep smiling it makes the management nervous.

Comment

Was looking online today and even Ron Hurd, the collector out of Colorado, has substantially reduced his "museum" of japanese beauties. Kind of surprising but you can only ride one at a time!

Comment

Wow, now that is a surprise.

Comment

VFR for the long stuff, Guzzi 1200 sport for Sundays and a GS750 for special occasions

Comment

Six bikes from 47 norton es2 ,80 xr200,pair of kwaka 200s,81 GS 450 and. WR 450 all going all get ridden,looking for trials bike now

Comment

IDK but this guy wins.

The Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum, in Birmingham, Alabama, is home to the world's largest motorcycle collection.
                                The goal of life isn't to arrive at the grave in a well preserved body. It's to slide in sideways, screaming and yelling "Hell yeah! What a ride"!

Comment

Working...
                                X