Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best way to tilt bike to side to clean underneath?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take off the side cover and tank and use some truck tires to lay it over on. Piece of rubber mat maybe under the end of the bars. I laid my skunk over on tires and a rolled up huge roofers tarp when i replaced the stripped out oil pan drain. Never hurt a thing.
    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
      Love it. Reminds me of college. First year: my bike in the dining room. Second year: my bike and housemate's bike in kitchen. Who needs a table in there?
      The handy thing about that, is you can simply lay a sheet of ply over both bikes for those formal dining occasions.
      ---- Dave
      79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
      80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
      79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
      92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
        The handy thing about that, is you can simply lay a sheet of ply over both bikes for those formal dining occasions.
        Real ply, Luxury. We used to dream of plywood. However I digress............
        The ladies can use the mirrors for nose powdering ( that sounds wrong in today's vernacular ) , the servants can be summoned with the horn ( so does that ) and on those colder apres-hunt days you can warm your feet on the crankcases.
        97 R1100R
        Previous
        80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post

Ed
          Really wish I could do this! I'm only on the second floor.
          Jordan

1977 Suzuki GS750 (My first bike)
          2000 Kawasaki ZRX1100
          1973 BMW R75/5

Comment

^^ Hey Jordan,

I went on the road from Delaware to New Mexico in Oct 2013 trailing my bike. I stayed out there 10 months and had a blast on my 750T. She got some improvements done to her and I brought her in the first floor apartment most nights. All I did was clean her dirty undercarriage while laying on the floor and watching TV during the work week. We'd spend weekends together and she always got me home.
            Last edited by GSXR7ED; 05-28-2016, 04:04 PM.
            GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
            GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
            Originally posted by GSXR7ED
            Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Just get your buddy to help you............

bike.jpg
              Frosty (falsely accused of "Thread-Hijacking"!)
              "Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."

Owner of:
              1982 GS1100E
              1995 Triumph Daytona 1200

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
                ^^ Hey Jordan,

I went on the road from Delaware to New Mexico in Oct 2013 trailing my bike. I stayed out there 10 months and had a blast on my 750T. She got some improvements done to her and I brought her in the first floor apartment most nights. All I did was clean her dirty undercarriage while laying on the floor and watching TV during the work week. We'd spend weekends together and she always got me home.
                That's awesome!!
                Jordan

1977 Suzuki GS750 (My first bike)
                2000 Kawasaki ZRX1100
                1973 BMW R75/5

Comment

Working...
                X