Newbie. Gs 850 gl. 36,000 km

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie. Gs 850 gl. 36,000 km

Hello. Hope im in the right area for a newb.
    From canada. 82 gs 850 gl. 36,000 km.
    Beautiful bike. My Age 53 but act like 23.
    I do however have a question. Valve set is within spec.
    But still have seems like valve train noise. But after reading some posts, more like
    Clutch noise. Poster left a test to do to verify. So, i will do test at some point to verify.
    And report back. I had no idea there were so many gs owners out there.
    Glad to be a part of your community !
    Thanks in advance for any tips. Al

Hi, sevenupman!

Everyone likes to see your bike! GS850s are very popular here! and posting pictures on the forum is a good skill anyways down the road. and I hope you found BassCliff's welcome at the top of this GSOwners section...

Must go: here BikeCliff's Website

bike noises are hard...seems like a clutch noise will change pulling the clutch in and out? while "valve train noise", well,not so much.... the simplest fixes are a valve adjustment check or just maybe it's the "camwalk" rapping that comes up occasionally.Today for instance: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...06#post2304306 ...It seems to be limited to shim-type valves which you have....

Comment

Thanks. I will post pics as soon as i can. Replacing cedar siding on my house at the moment..lots of prep involved even before it gets on the wall.
      Hows life your way ? Doin lots of ridin ?

Comment

has been good this year, sevenupman- rode all year out here -sure, last weeks were kind of cool and wet but weather's on the upswing again.
        ....I hear it's not been so great on the plains?

Comment

Working...
        X