No announcement yet.

Chicago - Motorcycle parking overnight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

almost all of the murders are in the south side, not downtown chicago area, and most are between gang members and late at night

from former illinois resident that lived 50 miles outside chicago city limits

Comment

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
      Sorry Chicago guys, but I'd find some other place to tour and stop. 216 murders in the first half of 2017 and we just started June and there is already 9.
      https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/2017-chicago-murders
      Hey...it's really gone down!

Comment

Originally posted by trlsrider View Post
        almost all of the murders are in the south side, not downtown chicago area, and most are between gang members and late at night

from former illinois resident that lived 50 miles outside chicago city limits
        True...LSD and Sheridan on up is ok......lower wacker always freaked me out......

Comment

I moved 15 years ago from Fox Valley area in Aurora. I remember when it used to be all fields between Naperville and Aurora and now there is not even 1 farm in the county.

Comment

Originally posted by trlsrider View Post
            I moved 15 years ago from Fox Valley area in Aurora. I remember when it used to be all fields between Naperville and Aurora and now there is not even 1 farm in the county.
            Yeah, I can remember when Sears was on Lake St., brick pavers on Rt25 by the Illinois ave bridge, my grandfather worked at the CB&Q roundhouse, the old rickety bridge, having to jog over on Jerico to get thru...
            ...the only constant in life - is change.

Comment

Originally posted by ratatouille View Post
              Thinking of making a trip around Lake Michigan and checking out Chicago for a couple days. How safe would it be to park a Motorcycle overnight at a hotel?
              1 of the hotels I was looking at is Heart O' Chicago on North Ridge Ave.

Thanks
              This works. Five feet from my bed.

Funny comments about the harleys being more attractive to theives than a GS. My wife, without knowing about this discussion, said "what are you worried about? The theives wont even notice your bike with the HD's over there". I laughed and remembered this thread.
              Roger

Current rides
              1983 GS 850G
              2003 FJR 1300A
              Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

and here i leave my key in bike all the time...life much easier not living paranoid...
                but...Batman died today.... bummerville...kazaam...pow...omg...
                where are my keys,lock the doors, where is my gun...without Batman crime will be outta control
                Last edited by Guest; 06-10-2017, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X