Sonic Springs - Two Thumbs Up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sonic Springs - Two Thumbs Up!

I just got a pair of Sonic springs (.95) installed this weekend. Rich shipped them super fast, helped me with questions, and they feel so much better than the progressive springs that were installed (they don't dive on braking, they don't feel any harsher than the progressives, and they feel more stable in curves). I give them 2 thumbs up!
    1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Make that three thumbs up👍👍👍 I installed sonic 1.0's with 15 weight fork oil. What a difference it made from stock! My passenger, she even noticed the difference.
    My Motorcycles:
    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
    22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
    79 1000e (all original)
    82 850g (all original)
    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

I have them in my 81 1100e and had them in my 83...just got another set in for the Cooley whenever it shows up.
      I have progressives in my 750...I do prefer the Sonics
      No signature

Comment

Yep, I'm a big fan too. All my bikes are wearing Sonic straight-rate fork springs.

You can't beat the quality, price, and service.
        1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Mine is the only one in our stable with Sonics (so far), and have been impressed enough to install them on my son's 1000G, which still has stock springs.

The two "L" bikes have Progressive fork springs, so there is no rush, as they are at least upgraded from stock.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

My 1.0's are on order now. Should be a huge difference from the 34 year old soft stockers.

1983 GS750ED-Horsetraded for the Ironhead
            1981 HD XLH

Drew's 850 L Restoration

Drew's 83 750E Project

Comment

Another happy customer here, rich called me at home and we talked about what springs I needed for a while, installed them and couldn't be happier

Comment

I guess I'll pile on the Sonic Springs testimonial thread.

I finally got to put 12 miles on my forks with the new Sonic Springs. I don't give them much of a work out, just a few miles up and down the street. So far they are a big improvement over what I had before.

Thanks for the great product.

Comment

Thanks everybody, really appreciate all the kind words!
                  '20 Ducati Multistrada 1260S, '93 Ducati 750SS, '01 SV650S, '07 DL650, '01 DR-Z400S, '80 GS1000S, '85 RZ350

Comment

I picked up some Progressive springs for my 79 GS1000 last month, but they're still in the box. Still in the return period...maybe I should send them back and grab some Sonics instead?
                    1979 GS1000
                    K&N Pods
                    Kerker 4-1
                    112/17.5

Comment

Originally posted by tinactin View Post
                      I picked up some Progressive springs for my 79 GS1000 last month, but they're still in the box. Still in the return period...maybe I should send them back and grab some Sonics instead?
                      I'm sure progressive makes a good product. I like having single rate springs and using air pressure to create a progressive rate.

I believe the sonics are considerably less expensive too. Finally, we have access to the owner of the company here.

Comment

Originally posted by RichDesmond View Post
                        You are welcome.....buuuuttt...lol...I have not opened the ones I just got for my Cooley yet but the last ones I got you guys were out of stickers that you usually send... Hint hint....lol
                        No signature

Comment

Originally posted by RichDesmond View Post
                          You are welcome, Rich, and thanks for the great product.

Originally posted by tinactin View Post
                          Progressive (brand) springs are an improvement over the stock springs, but I feel that Sonic is that much better than Progressive.

Originally posted by dantodd View Post
                          Finally, we have access to the owner of the company here.
                          Where have YOU been? I see you have been a member for about three months.
                          Rich has been a member for FIVE YEARS.

sigpic
                          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                          Family Portrait
                          Siblings and Spouses
                          Mom's first ride
                          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post

Where have YOU been? I see you have been a member for about three months.
                            Rich has been a member for FIVE YEARS.

Finally, as in, my last point. Not finally as in, at long last.

Comment

Installed my Sonics yesterday. Went for a nice 40 mile test ride. They feel great! Dialed in my Hagons on the rear and it feels like a completely different bike. I used to have a lot of dive and bounce, but no more. Gives me a much more confident feel.

1983 GS750ED-Horsetraded for the Ironhead
                              1981 HD XLH

Drew's 850 L Restoration

Drew's 83 750E Project

Comment

Working...
                              X