No announcement yet.

Sonic Springs - Two Thumbs Up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got a Sonic/Hagon setup too. Not only was Rich helpful in getting my front end setup right, he also had some keen input on my rear springs. The handling of my 34yo, 600lb bike is now pretty unbelievable.

Thanks Rich!

Comment

Mine are on the way (1.1s) and I'm thinking I'll start out with 10w fork oil. Looking forward to the feeling the difference!

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
      Make that three thumbs up I installed sonic 1.0's with 15 weight fork oil. What a difference it made from stock! My passenger, she even noticed the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by growler View Post
        Mine are on the way (1.1s) and I'm thinking I'll start out with 10w fork oil. Looking forward to the feeling the difference!
        Out of curiosity, why did you go with 1.1's? Rich recommended 1.0's for me and I'm about 270 lbs.

1983 GS750ED-Horsetraded for the Ironhead
        1981 HD XLH

Drew's 850 L Restoration

Drew's 83 750E Project

Comment

I did not consult with Rich directly when choosing my springs, I just used the calculator on their site. I think it recommended 0.9-1.0, based on rider weight and riding style. My gravitational attraction is not quite as high as yours (you certainly didn't look it when we met last week), but I went with the 1.1 springs because of the added weight of the fairing. I have not regretted that choice.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I was doing a site search for Progressive fork springs for my '81 650E- I'm glad I found this thread. Based entirely on all of your positive feedback, I'm instead going to go with Sonics when I pull the front end apart this winter. Doesn't sound like I'll regret it.

Comment

I used to have a lot of dive and bounce, but not much. Install Sonics gives me a feeling much more confident.

Comment

Working...
              X