Great Lakes Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great Lakes Trip

I had thought there was another thread about a Great Lakes trip starting in PA, but can't find it now.....

I've been thinking about riding around 1 of the great lakes, but in my planning, I decided to just hit parts of 4 of them.
    Going to head from Ohio to Muskegon, Mi. Ride up thru Manistee, eventually to Charlevoix, before crossing the Mackinac Bridge. Going to ride up and see the Tahquamenon falls. Head up to Whitefish Point on Lake Superior. Check out the Great Lakes Shipwreck museum, before making my way to Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario. Going to continue up the east coast of Lake Superior, to Wawa, On. Then I think I'll ride some Canada country roads down to Blind River, Ontario to check out Lake Huron. Catch the Ferry from South Baymouth to Tobermory. Continue down Lake Huron to Sarnia. Then make my way back to Ohio along the west/south shore of Lake Erie. Around 2k miles. Not bad for a 5 day weekend. I've ridden to Toronto before, so have seen Lake Ontario. This would complete a bucket list to see all 5 Great Lakes.
    Any tips on must see or must avoid roads is appreciated.
    1983 GS750 E - gone forever
    Yamaha FJ-09 - My retirement Bike (For when I retire)
    1996 Honda XR-600R - a Man's bike
    2007 Suzuki DR 200SE - Oh Yeah
    2005 Yamaha TR125 - Little Man's bike

The Shipwreck Museum is awesome. I spent most of my childhood just outside of Cleveland. Still have sisters in Ohio, so I get back every year. Love taking trips around the lakes.
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Comment

Working...
    X