77 gs750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

77 gs750

I just picked up a 1977 GS750 and am in the process of doing the intake boots an carb cleaning,got it to fire up on 16 year old fuel but obviously it needs work.I am keeping it all stock,intake and exhaust and will be using OEM mikuni parts. My question is do I stick with stock jetting or is there an improved setup in the last 39 years as I know these things were lean for emission purposes. Thanks! I am a newbie on the site but have been following it because of my sickness for all things Zuki!

Carb cleaning tutorial and contact info for the manifold and carb o-rings is here: http://members.dslextreme.com/users/bikecliff/
    With a stock air and exhaust set-up i would stick with oem settings.
    Welcome to the site.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Set the bottom PILOT screws at around 7/8 out from GENTLY seated. By gently we mean that you turn them in until they stop and DO NOT force then further..then make a witness mark on the rim of the hole and count backward the rotation. Do this on the side MIXTURE screws as well. Set the side ones at 1 1/2 out as a start point. Fine tuning the air to fuel mix is done solely with the side screws..set and forget the bottom ones.

These are the settings I have found work very well on my bikes with VM26 carbs. good thing with VM series carbs is the Colortune works perfectly to set up the cylinders for optimal burn. if youve never seen a Colortune do some Youtube videos. Great tool.
      MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
      1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

20160706_170827.jpgThank you,will look into the colortune,already ordered the Orings and intake parts from cycleorings,new OEM manifolds and carb parts. Just was not sure if anyone had updated jetting for an all stock setup,and thank for the mixture and pilot screw setup!

Comment

Working...
        X