Charlie's trippin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charlie's trippin

I leave in the morning on a trip to Kitchener /Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. I live in far northern California and will be going north to Boise, Idaho and then further northward to catch I-90 eastward. Anyone living along I-90 & I-94 that would like to meet up for a quick coffee or chat/photo opportunity post here or send me a PM and we'll see if we can make it happen. I'm hopefully going to moving pretty fast with the goal of being in south western Michigan on Friday. We'll see....I built in some extra time to recover from bad weather and tired body. I wouldn't mind meeting up with some of you Ontario folks if you interested.

I've met several GS'ers on my trips to Ireland and the UK in the last few years and would be a pleasure to increase the number of folks on this forum I've met. I doubt I'll post many pictures in route as I won't have a computer. I will be posting to Facebook with my i-touch, which I can barley operate.

Thanks for all the mechanical coaching I've received in the last 7 years! Cheers!

Charlie G
    sigpic
    83 GS1100g
    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Great trip, Charlie! Bon voyage!
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Comment

Charlie, have a good trip. Be safe and enjoy!
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Have a safe and wonderful trip my friend! I grew up in a little village called Innerkip about 30 miles from there. Also lived in Waterloo for a bit. South western Ontario is a very pretty part of our country.
        enjoy Charlie, can't think of anyone that deserves this more than you!
        No signature

Comment

Freakin hot here now lol, driest summer in a long time , humid as hell , but maybe it will break soon , daughter just got a nursing job in Waterloo , I grew up in Guelph just down the road , ride safe, Brian

Comment

May the weather gods and stator gods favor your journey!
            "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
            1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
            1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
            1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Kitchener-Waterloo is not very far from me. I would be glad to ride over there to meet you.

If it is a day when I have baby-sitting available, perhaps I can bring my wife, as well. She likes meeting fellow bikers.

If your bike happens to need a part after the long ride, let me know, as I still have a few GS1100G/GK parts.

Send a PM and let me know schedule/needs
              "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
              Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

Have a great ride Charlie, nothing better than being the lone ranger for a bit. I can't quite see what the heck the large sticker on the front of the fairing is, what is it?
                Rob
                1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
                  Have a great ride Charlie, nothing better than being the lone ranger for a bit. I can't quite see what the heck the large sticker on the front of the fairing is, what is it?
                  "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                  1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                  1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                  1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Charlie dreamin' in Boise, LOL...

It's smoke that make electronic components work.
                    Every time I've let the smoke out by mistake, they never work again.
                    '80 GS250T... long gone... And back!
                    '86 Honda Bol D'Or... very sadly long gone
                    '82 GS1000SZ
                    '82 GS1100GL
                    '01 Honda CBR1100XX BlackBird

Comment

There he is. Well good to know you made it that far Charlie. What do you think of the Katana ergonomics??? imagine riding that all the way to Ontario...
                      Rob
                      1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                      Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

So we rode out to Vale Or to meet Charlie and ride the last 80ish miles into Boise with him. He's taking a shower after "sampling" my Grant's whiskey. Apparently is "palatable" evidenced by the bottle being empty!

You're welcome here anytime Charlie.
                        It's smoke that make electronic components work.
                        Every time I've let the smoke out by mistake, they never work again.
                        '80 GS250T... long gone... And back!
                        '86 Honda Bol D'Or... very sadly long gone
                        '82 GS1000SZ
                        '82 GS1100GL
                        '01 Honda CBR1100XX BlackBird

Comment

Have great trip Charlie. Sure you wouldn't rather take Hwy 2 rather than the slab.
                          '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

I made it to 3 forks Montana today. 530 miles for today. Trying to make some time before I run out of steam. I'll do more site seeing on the way back. Love the Kat! I need to save a bit and find onr
                            sigpic
                            83 GS1100g
                            2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Have a good ride Charlie. Glad you got to see Martin and Kim after missing John Day this year. Martin, I just got a HP bulletin that the p430 raid controller crashes and needs a firmware upgrade. Is that your fault?
                              sigpic
                              09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
                              1983 GS1100e
                              82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                              1980 GS1260
                              Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Working...
                              X