Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1986 'Cade possibility.

20160818_161416.jpg
    1986 Calvalcade, single owner, 96,000 miles.
    I have an opportunity to buy this from one of my riding buddies estate. He passed away a few months ago from cancer.
    The title is in probate. His wife doesn't want to pay the taxes to get it out but I offered to do that. She wants $500.00 + probate (we'll find out Tuesday what that is) for the bike.
    He bought a Wing 3 wheeler when he couldn't handle this one 2 years ago. The last time it was licensed was 2015.
    I looked at it tonight and we couldn't get it started. Button, solonoid or starter, everything else lit up. Needs tires and a good cleaning. No rashes or signs of being dropped. My question is would this be worth the the trouble to work on?
    They only made around 9000 of these in 3 years and my concern is parts availability. From what I've researched these were the "Caddilac" in their day.
    I will welcome all opinions, good or bad.

Pardon my spelling of Cadillac.
    Last edited by AMK; 08-18-2016, 06:09 PM.
    Alan

sigpic
    Weaned on a '74 450 Honda
    Graduated to an '82 GS850GL
    Now riding an '83 GS1100GL
    Added an '82 GS1100GL

I had one and wish I had kept it. I think it would be worth it unless it needs engine work. They can run for a couple hundred thousand miles with nothing but issues like stator and water pump and I don't think those are too hard to remedy. There are a couple of other fixes that are advised. One involves a pressed plug that can come out and allow fluid to leak from the secondary drive and some replace there '86 model driveshaft with a later, stronger one. There is a 'Cade owner's group but not really a forum. More like an email list, at least that's the way it was a few years ago. Parts can still be found but the plastic is pretty hard to find. I would go for it.http://www.suzukicavalcade.com
    1983 GS 1100 Guided Laser
    1983 GS 1100 G
    2000 Suzuki Intruder 1500, "Piggy Sue"
    2000 GSF 1200 Bandit (totaled in deer strike)
    1986 Suzuki Cavalcade GV 1400 LX (SOLD)

I find working on my motorcycle mildly therapeutic when I'm not cursing.

Comment

At that price, I'd go for it too.

There's other threads here on the Cavalcade if you search for them.

What's she going to do with the 'Wing Trike?

Comment

She's going to sell it. Their looking at around $15,000 for that. Thanks for the heads up on the 'Cade threads, I'll do that search.

1948man, thanks, I did find that website. Makes me appreciate this forum so much more.
        Alan

sigpic
        Added an '82 GS1100GL

Comment

.......and if you decide NOT to spring for the 'Cade, let me know LOL

Comment

Originally posted by 850GT_Rider View Post
            .......and if you decide NOT to spring for the 'Cade, let me know LOL
            I'll keep you in mind. I think for that price it would be worth the trip from Wisconsin.
            Alan

sigpic
            Added an '82 GS1100GL

Comment

YUP....and at that price, wouldn't need approval from the banker (aka she-who-rides-pillion)

Comment

The cost of getting this bike out of probate ended up being $18.00.
                Their son in law decided to keep it and get it back on the road.
                Alan

sigpic
                Added an '82 GS1100GL

Comment

Originally posted by AMK View Post
                  The cost of getting this bike out of probate ended up being $18.00.
                  Their son in law decided to keep it and get it back on the road.
                  Bummer. Hope he doesn't muck it up.

Comment

I talked to the guy today and he's got it back on the road. Battery, fuel line, and coolant hose.
                    Says he's going to keep it original. I said good!
                    Alan

sigpic
                    Added an '82 GS1100GL

Comment

Working...
                    X