directional advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

directional advice

so im thinking that i will swap out my original directionals for something a bit sleeker/modern. and i was wondering if any one had any good suggestions on what type to look at. and also if you know if i would need to wire new ones in or are the plugs somewhere along the lines?
    1981 Suzuki GS450T

Josh

The stock system had a bullet connector for the feed and a ring terminal on the mounting post for return. Pretty much most aftermarket are the same with a single wire. Even if the connector doesn't match it's simple enough to add a new connector in fact add a new connector no matter what. Bullet connectors are not great and connecting a new to old is asking for it.
    97 R1100R
    Previous
    80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Originally posted by SilentRaven View Post
      so im thinking that i will swap out my original directionals for something a bit sleeker/modern. and i was wondering if any one had any good suggestions on what type to look at. and also if you know if i would need to wire new ones in or are the plugs somewhere along the lines?
      There are connectors and it is easy enough to redo things to match when installing the new signals. I bought LED signals because I wanted them much smaller than the giant OEM signals. I spent time shopping to find ones that are much brighter than the usual weak LED ones and am happy with what I got, but be aware the vast majority of LED signals are not bright enough to be seen in bright sunlight. Another thing to know is if you go for LED signals without built in resistors you will have to change your flasher relay to one that is not load sensitive or they won't flash at all.

Mark
      1982 GS1100E
      1998 ZX-6R
      2005 KTM 450EXC

Comment

Curious myself of options as I was thinking of doing the same. Change out directional, starter button etc.. Any pics of ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Jmanor View Post
          Curious myself of options as I was thinking of doing the same. Change out directional, starter button etc.. Any pics of ideas?
          Searching fleabay for 'handlebar switches' will find all sorts of options for new bar switchgear. Probably the same for signal lights, as well as dx.com and miscellaneous other sites. There are also other places that cater to vintage bikes, cafe bikes, etc. that will sell signals and switchgear.

Mark
          1982 GS1100E
          1998 ZX-6R
          2005 KTM 450EXC

Comment

Originally posted by mmattockx View Post
            There are connectors and it is easy enough to redo things to match when installing the new signals. I bought LED signals because I wanted them much smaller than the giant OEM signals. I spent time shopping to find ones that are much brighter than the usual weak LED ones and am happy with what I got, but be aware the vast majority of LED signals are not bright enough to be seen in bright sunlight. Another thing to know is if you go for LED signals without built in resistors you will have to change your flasher relay to one that is not load sensitive or they won't flash at all.

Mark
            +1 on that.
            I got the K&S 26-7704 LED turn signals. Are bright & available in chrome or black.
            Are DOT & E-code. But they are a bit pricey.

If you go with LED turn signals & have only one indicator light, then you will also need to diode kit.

Comment

Working...
            X