dog bone risers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maddman View Post
    "unsafe monstrosities" is an OPINION, and nothing more. As for my "doubtful anecdotes" it happened. Your belief is not essential, nor really relevant. That is an opinion shared by quite a few members I assure you based on the past few dozen replies you've left on the forums. You troll the forums just looking for a chance to sprinkle on a little douchebag. Perhaps a dash of inner retard here or there. Here's an idea, leave people alone and stop trying to cause problems everywhere you go. Your a pathetic online bully hiding behind a screen. Grow up.
    Nothing here is scientific. I tentatively agree with your contention that one can hold the opinion that this mod can be done without danger. I feel that the real issue is the idiot factor. I feel that there is greater danger of this mod being executed in a dangerous way or in ways increasing the inherent danger of motorcycling. I support your willingness to accept the risk that I cannot. It is the essence of the freedom we feel with riding. I wouldn't mind if you added me to your life insurance, though.

Comment

I'll make my first post an attempt to stear this thread back on topic. Hey guys, just got myself a great deal on a '80 850. The PO had dog bone riser installed and was really happy with them, put several thousand miles on them with no issues. I'm not a fan personally. Will probably end up throwing them on the for sale/trade section of the forum.
      Last edited by Guest; 11-04-2016, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kodak View Post
        I'll make my first post an attempt to stear this thread back on topic. Hey guys, just got myself a great deal on a '80 850. The PO had dog bone riser installed and was really happy with them, put several thousand miles on them with no issues. I'm not a fan personally. Will probably end up throwing them on the for sale/trade section of the forum.
        Why would you want to put another member's life at risk by selling them those useless, unsafe risers. Put them where they belong... the scrap pile!

Comment

Update on the risers. It's been nearly eight months with no issues, no movement, nothing. I am very pleased with them and can personally attest that they are a fine choice for those who choose to utilize them. That being said, I understand they are not for everyone. But that is okay. Isn't that what riding is all about? Personal choice, style and expression? So let me just say this, if you like the risers look or style, use them. They are safe. If you do not want to, then by all means, don't. No need for tirades, tantrums or soap boxes. Thanks for listening.
          Last edited by Guest; 04-25-2017, 06:48 AM. Reason: Punctuation

Comment

Hey Maddman. A little off topic but didn't you make some highway foot pegs for that bike too? Are you happy with them as well?

Thanks
            Roger

Current rides
            1983 GS 850G
            2003 FJR 1300A
            Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
              Hey Maddman. A little off topic but didn't you make some highway foot pegs for that bike too? Are you happy with them as well?

Thanks
              I did, and I am very pleased with them. They make rides a lot more comfortable.

Comment

Working...
              X