No announcement yet.

Basket Case Project 1980 GS1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that angle of the muffler looks much better than the one from the first photo.
    With the huge core in that baffle probably better for the rider as well. haha.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

I feel obligated to step in and say that I am glad this bike is getting attention. Mine was originally red, however I painted it black and used the red pinstripes. It is bone stock, except for green Dyna coils and charging fixes, and has 40k on it. The motor has not been opened except for valve adjustments and electrical upgrades. It's a great bike. I am looking forward to seeing how yours turns out.
      NO PIC THANKS TO FOTO BUCKET FOR BEING RIDICULOUS

Current Rides: 1980 Suzuki GS1000ET, 2009 Yamaha FZ1, 1983 Honda CB1100F, 2006 H-D Fatboy
      Previous Rides: 1972 Yamaha DS7, 1977 Yamaha RD400D, '79 RD400F Daytona Special, '82 RD350LC, 1980 Suzuki GS1000E (sold that one), 1982 Honda CB900F, 1984 Kawasaki GPZ900R

Comment

looks sweet as ................

particularly the exhaust and the whole thing gels very very well ........ sooooperb
        78 GS1000C- Now sporting 1100E suspension and numerous goodies
        82 GS750E/82 1100E/ GSXR Frankenstein bike completed
        83 1100E "rescue bike" saved from the barn
        2008 Bking - Torque Torque Torque
        Next project slowly coalescing

Comment

Thanks for all the kind words gents. This bike is going to be pretty awesome and quite special!

As an aside, the GSX tank fits right in with the petcock nowhere near the carbs! Score!

Comment

More pictures please, im in love with this bike
            I build Pipers

Comment

Thanks!

I have a thread for the finished project if you search 'Basket Case Project Bike '

Edit: here's the finished thread http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ght=basketcase
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Guest; 04-23-2017, 06:36 PM.

Comment

I'm working on a similar project. I was really wondering what to do with the old mono shock mount. I had thought about cutting it off and welding it up but your plug looks good. That a machined bit? Absolutely love the bike, great job!
                -1978 Suzuki GS1000EC
                DONE!!! Rebuild thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=155564
                -2012 Triumph Daytona 675R

Comment

The insert was fabricated by MotoRelic, an elegant solution and alternative to just hacking a chunk off the swingarm.

Comment

If you have exhaust videos id like to hear it please
                    I build Pipers

Comment

Working...
                    X