X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully i can find something local soon, looking into city jobs too
    I build Pipers

Comment

Oh man that sucks. Wishing you all the best from this side of the pond.
      #1: 1979 GS 550 EC "Red" – Very first Bike / Overhaul thread        New here? ☛ Read the Top 10 Newbie mistakes thread
      #2: 1978 GS 550 EC "Blue" – Can't make it a donor / "Rebuild" thread     Manuals (and much more): See Cliff's homepage here
      #3: 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 II Racer – One needs a runner while wrenching
      #4: 1980 Moto Guzzi V65C – Something to chill

Comment

Honestly i hope i dont have to sell it, its literally in my opinion the coolest thing ive owned.. and ive had 3 v8 rx7's..
        I build Pipers

Comment

If i can off load the fzr in the next couple days then my add is coming down
          I build Pipers

Comment

Good luck on moving that FZR! Polish that baby up and ride it EVERYWHERE with a For Sale sign on it, ebay, craigslist, cycle trader...

Best of luck.
            '77 GS750 920cc heavily modded
            '97 Kawasaki KDX220R rugged terrain ripper!
            '99 Kawasaki KDX220R​ rebuild in progress
            '79 GS425stock
            PROJECTS:
            '77 Suzuki PE250 woods racer
            '77 GS550 740cc major mods
            '77 GS400 489cc racer build
            '76 Rickman CR1000 GS1000/1100
            '78 GS1000C/1100

Comment

Adds up for the fzr, its pretty mint except for the fact that its stuck in 2nd gear
              I build Pipers

Comment

Best of luck man. I was really looking forward to seeing where this one was going, but you gotta do what you gotta do.....
                sigpic

Check out my rebuild thread here: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...GS-750-Rebuild

Comment

Im trying to to sell other things to save this, fingers crossed!!
                  I build Pipers

Comment

FD chassis RX7 with an LS1, Brandon, or the old 5.0 in an FB chassis?
                    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                    1982 CB900f

Comment

2 fc with small bock chevys and a fb with a 351 ford
                      I build Pipers

Comment

I think im going to build a seat this weekend, the more i ride it the more i kinda know what i want. Just not sure how to accomplish it yet
                        I build Pipers

Comment

I need opinions on how you guys would go about this
                          I build Pipers

Comment

Brandon, I'll post some links to pics of what I did with mine this year. I use Google Photos and the images sometimes don't appear in posts but the links work. https://goo.gl/photos/qjbeVnXENMyKQUvk9

I took some 1" angle and welded it onto the frame to give me a flat mount point where I can run bolts through to secure my custom seat pan/rear hump. The angle raised the mount point of the seat that 1" and brought it closer to level and closer to the base of the tank. I have the hump integrated into the seat pan, which you wouldn't need, but you can follow the same concept. I then took a piece of 1/8" aluminum sheet from an old road sign I had laying around and cut it and bent it to shape. Padding is from an old Chevy pickup rear seat with additional material. I don't have any pics of the seat cushion as it is currently with a tailor friend who is sewing the cover together for me. I will be using pop rivets to hold the cover onto the aluminum base. The base has 2 bolts that run through the seat pan.

So the pan bolts onto the frame and the seat itself will bolt onto the pan.

I hope I explained it clearly... let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Its funny you used a road sign cause i did too for my original idea. Man your bike is awesome! What rearsets did you go with?
                              I build Pipers

Comment

Originally posted by thebrandonbeezy View Post
                                I need opinions on how you guys would go about this
                                I'm happy with the way my seat came out.... all aluminum cuz it's my preference and no welding cuz I don't weld.... yet. this seat is made of aluminum sharp corner channel (side rails) and 1/8"sheet for the pan and cowl. the seat foam was reshaped from the original foam and upholstered by a car guy next door. it mounts with a shaft up front that picks up where the original seat picked up and at the back I have some 1/4 turn fasteners for easy removal. if you are at all interested in more details I'm happy to share more about the seat construction.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X