Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Sold off"?!

Comment

I got an offer on it that i couldnt refuse. One of those deals that I'd be stupid not to take
      I build Pipers

Comment

Its ok im working on getting a 82 750e basket case from a friend of mine
        I build Pipers

Comment

Well boys, its been fun.
          Don't worry I'll be back haha. These bikes are addictive.. haha
          Last edited by thebrandonbeezy; 05-20-2017, 04:48 PM.
          I build Pipers

Comment

Ok, end of project. Not bad, but unfinished. I hate to let projects go unfinished, not that I don't have a few around my house.
            How well did you get it running Brandon? Ethically I would have to have a bike running as well as I would want it. Only my GS550 project frustrated me, but after a year of tweaking, I got there before selling it.
            "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
            1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
            1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
            1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Runs and rides perfect, starts beautifully, no hiccups. Pulls hard off idle all the way to 9500ish rpms. Next one will be a lot nicer more of a resto then mod. The thing im most proud of is removing the completely trashed and ruined harness and making my own front to back and everything works down to the gas gauge and gear indicator.
              I build Pipers

Comment

Originally posted by thebrandonbeezy View Post
                The thing im most proud of is removing the completely trashed and ruined harness and making my own front to back and everything works down to the gas gauge and gear indicator.
                You should be proud. That's the part I'm concerned about with my build... Electrical work can be like voodoo sometimes. Sure, you can use volt/ohm meters and such, but sometimes you're better off lighting a fire with swamp ash, dancing around it, and shaking some chicken bones in a can with the wing of a vampire bat...
                sigpic

Check out my rebuild thread here: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...GS-750-Rebuild

Comment

Originally posted by Sam 78 GS750 View Post
                  You should be proud. That's the part I'm concerned about with my build... Electrical work can be like voodoo sometimes. Sure, you can use volt/ohm meters and such, but sometimes you're better off lighting a fire with swamp ash, dancing around it, and shaking some chicken bones in a can with the wing of a vampire bat...
                  Made my day hahahaha
                  I build Pipers

Comment

Well the good news is the guy i sold the bike too has a good head on his shoulders, instantly fell in love with the bike soon as he saw it. He'll take care of it, hes in the middle of a frame off on a 58 Belvidere. Doing a Christine replica i believe he said. The gs has a good home im sure.
                    I build Pipers

Comment

Hey Brandon...direct him here when the time comes..you know we'll take care of him....in a good way.

...a '58 Belvi...I like him already!

Comment

I guess I'll add this since your project is done...I wasn't kidding about the love of the oem tail being shortened to single seat like you did....I, however, will travel a slightly different path when a cafe bike build comes....did you ever notice a license plate fits nicely inside the hole for the oem tail light...if one were to drop the plate down and leave 3/4" to an 1" of top clearance for an LED tail light, the look should be really clean and easily clear any tire........

Comment

Brandon, just wanted to say that you did good. You saved a hapless GS from the junkyard, endured the ball busting over the exhast yet stuck around, adapted a modern(ish) rear wheel, made it your own, and made it irresistible to a fellow cyclist. Hopefully it will see lots of use and loving abuse. This has been an entertaining thread. Thanks.
                          sigpic
                          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                          -Rusty old scooter.
                          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by 80GS850GBob View Post
                            I guess I'll add this since your project is done...I wasn't kidding about the love of the oem tail being shortened to single seat like you did......
                            I was going to say the same thing. When I bought mine, I found this forum (and your thread) the next day. Although I went a slightly different direction, by leaving the hinges intact, this just looked right. Just as soon as I get my seat back from the upholsterer I WILL get some pics up on my build thread.

... looking forward to your next build.

Comment

Originally posted by 80GS850GBob View Post
                              I guess I'll add this since your project is done...I wasn't kidding about the love of the oem tail being shortened to single seat like you did....I, however, will travel a slightly different path when a cafe bike build comes....did you ever notice a license plate fits nicely inside the hole for the oem tail light...if one were to drop the plate down and leave 3/4" to an 1" of top clearance for an LED tail light, the look should be really clean and easily clear any tire........
                              Just saw this comment, thats actually a really good idea!
                              I build Pipers

Comment

Originally posted by thebrandonbeezy View Post
                                Just saw this comment, thats actually a really good idea!
                                I'm playing with 3rd brake light sizes that'll fit in there {7 1/2" max width} and/or making a two or more row of LEDs to fit in there....with reflectors and lenses for maximum brightness {10mm width for each reflector assembly is what I've found so far}.
                                Then thinking red or clear resin molding them in the needed form to seal them and to have a finished look.

Comment

Working...
                                X