gs1000g mild cafe build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs1000g mild cafe build

traded a supercharger I got for free for the bike. it had sat on the side of a building in the florida sun for 8 years. with a little persuasion it fired right up the first night I got it lol. basic plan is to sorta go for the "if Suzuki had built a single seater" daily rider.
    this is right after I got the air jammer faring off.. too ugly for me I couldn't even take a before picture haha now at this point I started to form a plan on what I want from this bike visually.. so yes the frame had to be cut, do I regret it? NO lol I had also removed all of the almost 40 year old decrepit harness. me messing around with the new clubmans yes I know theyre set wrong in that pic llol
    I build Pipers

got her out in the sun to see how bad I messed up a classic haha
    I build Pipers

Comment

here with the Datsun, they kinda went well with each other started to mock up that beautiful tail lol went pretty good,i used angle iron from bed frame to build the faring and light support.
      Last edited by thebrandonbeezy; 09-01-2016, 11:42 PM.
      I build Pipers

Comment

last post for the night so now you can see my vision take shape. still only had $0.00 out of pocket at this point lol
        I build Pipers

Comment

The very next day i started messing with the wiring. I for got to take pictures of it but i made my own harness very very stripped down only what i need
          I build Pipers

Comment

i did spend $12 on this key switch and it works perfect kinda like the spot where its at too
            I build Pipers

Comment

After i heard it fire and idle i reinstalled the factory exhaust and airbox which came with a oe replacement k&n, then i road it for the first time... on 17 year old tires and no brakes what so ever haha. That being said the test ride went great! The engine ran flawlessly no flat spots no hiccups nothing it pulled hard! Shifting was a little stiff at first but i assumed it was from setting for the better part of a decade.. next was the rear brake.
              I build Pipers

Comment

I started to finish the tail faring mounts which till that point had no support for the light and plate because the plastic bosses were broken off i used a little more angle iron and a flat peice of steel to finish it but its really strong now.. i wouldn't sit on it but it doesn't flex with a little pressure or vibrate when you rev it it looks like crap but hey im not a fabricator and im not too naive to deny it
                I build Pipers

Comment

So about a week ago i traded an old shifterkart frame for a 97 gsx600f with a con rod hanging out the bottom and i did it for the rest of the parts such as the Yoshimura exhaust the rear sets and the freshly rebuilt forks all of which i plan to swap on to the gs. I was gonna run the 17 up front but its wider than the rear and it will look way to goofy so ill end up with the stocker up front with modern rotors to match the calipers on the new forks. ( also i rebuilt the rear brake master and have a rear brake now)
                  I build Pipers

Comment

Now to bring you up to date as of right now

the seat is proving challenging, i need a way to lower the center so i can refoam it so that its flat when i recover it.. how would i go about this?? And thats the turbo 850 project in the background
                    I build Pipers

Comment

Renthal Low-rise bars would be awesome on that bike.

Kudos for making it run first.

I have some concerns but I'd like to see more before commenting any further on that. Maybe you'll address it before you finish.

Ride Safe.

Comment

Well I'd like to hear them
                        I build Pipers

Comment

The rest of the build is going to be slow it might be a few weeks before any major progress is made
                          I build Pipers

Comment

Little update. Haven't done much. Hopefully i can dig the katana out of storage soon and begin the front end swap
                            I build Pipers

Comment

I hated the how the factory seat was turning out so heres take 2

I build Pipers

Comment

Working...
                              X