No announcement yet.

gs1000g mild cafe build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just catching up with your thread. I'm not really that far away if there is anything I can help with. I have an 850 parts bike and some 1000G stuff here and there. Hows the job search going and where is the ad for your FZR? I didn't see anything on Spacecoast Clist.
    GSRick
    No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
    Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Ohh i forgot to update everyone. While ive applied at all the local dealers and have had interviews i genuinely did not want to leave my current job.. about 2 weeks ago i did have a moment where i snapped and locked up all of my tools and left with out saying anything to anyone because of one of my work orders being taken from me and given to someone else with low hours. After which i told my service manager that i no longer wanted to be a tech and that i wouldn't return unless things changed. Well they called me later that day and said my new job would be predeliverly inspections on new cars #gravy. Things have gotten better with my job, and ill be albe to start saving up again to pay for books and the course to get my home inspection license. I took the fzr down because 1 i got offered 100 for a running bike with a title. Thats bs. So i decided to fix it and im glad i did cause is only a $30 part haha.. the gs is still up cause i cant find the email to remove the ad, although the only offer ive had is a neon.. get out with that lol.. i could really use the hinges for the seat, mine were rusted through pretty baddly. Luckily the frame wasn't
      I build Pipers

Comment

Been a while, made some progress with the seat last night.. still a little work to be done before I can wrap it. But its very comfortable to ride now.

I build Pipers

Comment

Now keep in mind this set up is just temporary, going to completely redo the entire back half of the bike next year
          I build Pipers

Comment

Originally posted by thebrandonbeezy View Post
            Ohh i forgot to update everyone. While ive applied at all the local dealers and have had interviews i genuinely did not want to leave my current job.. about 2 weeks ago i did have a moment where i snapped and locked up all of my tools and left with out saying anything to anyone because of one of my work orders being taken from me and given to someone else with low hours. After which i told my service manager that i no longer wanted to be a tech and that i wouldn't return unless things changed. Well they called me later that day and said my new job would be predeliverly inspections on new cars #gravy. Things have gotten better with my job, and ill be albe to start saving up again to pay for books and the course to get my home inspection license. I took the fzr down because 1 i got offered 100 for a running bike with a title. Thats bs. So i decided to fix it and im glad i did cause is only a $30 part haha.. the gs is still up cause i cant find the email to remove the ad, although the only offer ive had is a neon.. get out with that lol.. i could really use the hinges for the seat, mine were rusted through pretty baddly. Luckily the frame wasn't
            That's terrific news! Glad to hear things are turning around for you.

In regards to the bike, are you going to seal or waterproof that seat pan somehow? Might deteriorate and or twist with moisture.

Edit; Oh, just a temp thing.
            Roger

Current rides
            1983 GS 850G
            2003 FJR 1300A
            Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

I have an aluminum pan made, but that's gonna need a little more work to get it right. Which ill be messing with
              I build Pipers

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                That's terrific news! Glad to hear things are turning around for you.

In regards to the bike, are you going to seal or waterproof that seat pan somehow? Might deteriorate and or twist with moisture.

Edit; Oh, just a temp thing.
                Thanks buddy, just had to put my foot down with the company. They were giving me nothing but the bs time waster recalls that the customers were waiting on. No one else in the shop was getting those tickets and it got real old real quick. Luckily now im getting decent jobs pulling ok hours. Not where i want to be but enough to buy time till i get my home inspection license. Bills paid thank goodness!
                I build Pipers

Comment

Thanks buddy, just had to put my foot down with the company. They were giving me nothing but the bs time waster recalls that the customers were waiting on. No one else in the shop was getting those tickets and it got real old real quick. Luckily now im getting decent jobs pulling ok hours. Not where i want to be but enough to buy time till i get my home inspection license. Bills paid thank goodness!
                  I have a friend in the home inspection business, not for City building like code enforcement, but refinance/ purchase type inspections. He has done very well, overhead is low and the little truck he drives around just carries a box with a duct scope, camera and tape measure in it. I am envious since my van is always loaded to the hilt with equipment and I'm stuck on projects while he's done in no time and on to the next one. Could possibly ride a bike and do the inspections.
                  Roger

Current rides
                  1983 GS 850G
                  2003 FJR 1300A
                  Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

I have a friend in the home inspection business, not for City building like code enforcement, but refinance/ purchase type inspections. He has done very well, overhead is low and the little truck he drives around just carries a box with a duct scope, camera and tape measure in it. I am envious since my van is always loaded to the hilt with equipment and I'm stuck on projects while he's done in no time and on to the next one. Could possibly ride a bike and do the inspections.
                    Thats exactly what im going to be doing, my dad does it now in Daytona and wants me to subcontract from him down here in vero. Now im just saving up to pay for the course to get the license. Im hoping early 2018 ill be able to leave the dealership and go full time home inspector. I tagged along on a few already with him and did one myself (with his supervision of course) and it is very easy for me at least. I have pretty extensive construction experience, so I'm pretty aware of whats wrong and whats not. Honestly the hardest part was learning the app on his tablet to do all the paper work and what not.
                    I build Pipers

Comment

Thats exactly what im going to be doing, my dad does it now in Daytona and wants me to subcontract from him down here in vero. Now im just saving up to pay for the course to get the license. Im hoping early 2018 ill be able to leave the dealership and go full time home inspector. I tagged along on a few already with him and did one myself (with his supervision of course) and it is very easy for me at least. I have pretty extensive construction experience, so I'm pretty aware of whats wrong and whats not. Honestly the hardest part was learning the app on his tablet to do all the paper work and what not.
                      Awesome! Good for you, and your Dad. I've found that having our sons work for us is very beneficial for both parties. Great time out of the family setting to get to know each other too.
                      Roger

Current rides
                      1983 GS 850G
                      2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Good to hear things are looking up. I'm not sure what I may have with seat hinges on, but I'll look. A lot of those kind of things are in my parents barn a half hour away, but I'll be out there either tomorrow or Monday so I poke around in there and see what I can find.
                        GSRick
                        No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                        Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Awesome! Good for you, and your Dad. I've found that having our sons work for us is very beneficial for both parties. Great time out of the family setting to get to know each other too.
                          My parents and i have had a rough relationship since i was in high school. I literally put the high in school for a lot of kids, and my parents couldn't stand it. I've since grown up, an my parent's have moved away. Our relationship has become the best its been in years and this to me is probably the biggest opportunity of my life.. to date.
                          I build Pipers

Comment

My parents and i have had a rough relationship since i was in high school. I literally put the high in school for a lot of kids, and my parents couldn't stand it. I've since grown up, an my parent's have moved away. Our relationship has become the best its been in years and this to me is probably the biggest opportunity of my life.. to date.
                            Much of that hits closer to home than you know. My son, only biological child btw as I have three step kids, ran from home at 15. He ran to his mom's house and wanted to live there. Coming as close to severing ties with me as he could. I raised him as a single dad for years till meeting my wife and blending families. Anyway that was an awful decision for him (yes I let him because of his age choose where to be) and he figured it out after almost a year of falling grades, legal troubles and, well, you know the downward spiral I'm sure. There was a good reason he didn't see his mom for years. He asked if he could come home. I was delighted but that was no cake walk. He had changed and we drifted apart in a painful way. As he got older we worked together on tile floor installations, refinishing hardwood, remodeling, door installations and all manner of construction stuff. His summers and other breaks from school were a time for us to work together. We learned who each other really are and have a very close working relationship in that we can function as a team without bickering about how to do something and almost without communicating verbally, get jobs done very efficiently. Customer's regularly comment on how well we work together. He's coming home from college in two weeks and will start the summer job with me again, Lord willing that is!

I wish the same for you and your pops. May you guys know each other better and enjoy the bond of father and son.

That should probably have been a PM but oh well.
                            Blessings to you Brandon!
                            Roger

Current rides
                            1983 GS 850G
                            2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Brandon, I'm glad to hear things are looking up. You only have dad once. Enjoy him while you can.
                              The inspection gig sounds great.

Town inspectors were mentioned - ugh. I sent a couple of evenings and most of last weekend helping a close family friend in need - recently divorced and selling her house. The town inspector nit picked like crazy during the CO inspection. I got everything addressed, and on the next inspection by a different guy, he told my friend that the previous inspector sure was picky..... but it passed.
                              sigpic
                              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                              -Rusty old scooter.
                              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I was going to reply with another off topic comment on inspections but this thread has been sidetracked by my ramblings already.

This bike you're building is inspirational Brandon. I was telling my wife about it and she was excited to hear that it sounds like you'll keep it. Maybe you could flag the CL ad and hide it or something. It will expire soon though right?
                                Roger

Current rides
                                1983 GS 850G
                                2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Working...
                                X