No announcement yet.

gs1000g mild cafe build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ed, you didn't have to. Look man im sorry our opinions differ, just lighten up a bit man. My ignorance shouldn't **** you off like that.. relax a little and remember that YOUR bike is done politically correct, and that YOU are a model biker. I'll be the prick, ill be the ass hole douche bag with the loud ass pipe. But im also the guy that'd give a complete stranger the shirt off my back, im the guy who would pay your rent if you were behind and had no money, im also the guy who signed over his apartment to his cheating ex so that her kids would continue to have a place to live. But go on continue to judge me by the exhaust on my bike.
    I build Pipers

Comment

Lol, like i said i wont be finishing this thread. To many ◼'s on this forum
      I build Pipers

Comment

I like what your doing with this bike. I like the rough look and I think it's cool how you re used the rear fairing. I never thought of doing that and it actually does look cool.
        I like loud bikes. I don't like bikes that are so loud that it makes my ears hurt. I bought a bike for my daughter and am buying baffles to put back in the exhaust.....So.....Let's look at the loud exhaust from a different prospective. To get loud you remove all the restriction from the exhaust. With doing this (and you might not believe me) you actually slow down the speed of the exhaust leaving the tail pipe. Slowing down the exhaust causes you to loose efficiency and power. It's called scavenging. When you neck down a pipe and blow through it the air on the exit side is moving faster than the air on the other side of the neck. The faster air actually pulls the air on the other side and speeds up the incoming air. When you speed up the exhaust it makes the engine more efficient and more efficientcey makes more power and mpg.....Just another view on loud pipes

Comment

I have a real problem replacing the OEM Suzuki mufflers on my bikes. I really like having a quietish sportbike.
          With my neighbors house just 10 feet from my driveway, I'd have to be one cruel A-hole to fire up a bike with open pipes.
          Even with the OEM exhaust I warm up my bike in the garage and lower the RPMs before I roll it out and turn it around.
          Last edited by Buffalo Bill; 01-12-2017, 08:59 AM.
          "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
          1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
          1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
          1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Looks like all you gotta do to get some on here with their "panties in a wad" is mention loud pipes or Harleys! Be careful though, if you mention both in a positive tone you really are an idiot, or so they say!!!! I say, Build it like YOU want! SCREW 'EM!
            Ron
            When I die, just cremate me and put me in my GS tank. That way I can go through these carbs, one more time!
            1978 GS750E - November 2017 BOTM
            1978 GS1000C - May 2021 BOTM
            1982 GS1100E - April 2024 BOTM
            1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

Careful there, you'll be shunned
              I build Pipers

Comment

Everybody is shunned around here Bro.
                "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)

Comment

Ohh by the way, hows your airtech fairing holding up. Thinking about getting some old school fairings through them for my fzr1000
                  I build Pipers

Comment

The fairing is working great, but it's all about how sturdy you mount it. I also reinforced it with aluminum strips epoxied on the inside.
                    Not for bolt-on DIYers, takes some creative engineering to fabricate good mounts. All AHRMA vintage racers use them.
                    Some people complain about them for direct replacement of sport bike fairings. They say they are a bit smaller than OEM fairings.

Comment

Yeah, im trying to work on my fabrication skills. I can see what i want and how i want it, i have the tools to build/fabricate anything i could possibly need. Just patience is what i lack.
                      I build Pipers

Comment

I took a good look at front fairing brackets for 1990s sport bikes for ideas about how to do it. Not really so difficult to figure out.

Comment

I love the way my Kerker sounds on my old AMA style GS1000 with it's competition baffle at 3000-9000 RPM....pure music.
                          It doesn't bother the neighbors any more than their weed eaters and lawnmowers bother me
                          They mow a lot more than I ride ......
                          Bringing a bike back from the dead is what it's all about. It's your ideas, and your money and time....maybe if you ask for some financial donations their opinion might have a case.

PS....I left my perfectly good stock exhaust off my last project for a new V+H pipe

Comment

I mean, if someone were to pay for a muffler or a baffold megaphone. I would positively install either on my bike lol
                            I build Pipers

Comment

Tonight was rowdy to say the least. I brought a new to me bike home. Let's just say the gs was not amused by this.
                              I needed to take the gs to my storage unit about 5 miles away which is no problem. The bike up untill tonight had been running like a top. She started a little slow tonight and had a misfire (not sure which cylinders). I had to hold the throttle a little to keep it running all the while trying to clear it out but it just wouldn't.. while i went to put on my helmet she shut off. I didn't think much of this, so i finished putting on my helmet and then went back to starting the bike. This is where it gets rowdy. As it would turn over it would throw a foot long blue flame out the exhaust on the 4th rotation and on the 4th back fire from the exhaust it backfired out the carbs. At that point the air filter was now covered in gas and on fire so i kept the starter going trying to suck the flames in but it was just spinning slower and slower.. my roommate and i yanked the tank off and i pretty much burried the tank in sand to smother the flames on the tank while leon ran to get the water hose and put the bike out. THANK BABY JESUS I HAD THE FACTORY AIR BOX! If i had gone with pods the fire would have been far worse and spread much faster.. the bike is "fine" nothing but the air filter and the gas lines appear to be damaged. My hands are blistered from being covered in burning petrol but were good lol. So im at a total loss as to why the bike acted this way.. could my ignition had partially dropped out and come back? I dont know at this point.. i road it yesterday and it was 100% fine.. i wasn't beating on it i think the highest rpm i went was about 5500..
                              I build Pipers

Comment

Valves could be out of adjustment?
                                Also i didn't change the jetting for the pipe as it ran identical to how it did with the stock exhaust. Plugs chop read perfect..
                                I build Pipers

Comment

Working...
                                X