X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rode up Cadillac Mountain/ Acadia NTL Park

248 miles later, I had a great day!

photo storage

Sounds like a great ride. My wife and I camped a few nights there last year and did the 8+ mile hike up and down from the campsite. We did the paved road up the next day on our way out but we had the car. Great views and we stayed up there longer when hiking to rest more and enjoy the 360 degree view. I may have even napped a bit too with the wind whistling through my ears up there. Supposedly the first place on the US mainland that can see the sunrise.

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
      Sounds like a great ride. My wife and I camped a few nights there last year and did the 8+ mile hike up and down from the campsite. We did the paved road up the next day on our way out but we had the car. Great views and we stayed up there longer when hiking to rest more and enjoy the 360 degree view. I may have even napped a bit too with the wind whistling through my ears up there. Supposedly the first place on the US mainland that can see the sunrise.

Yes, it is an awesome ride, too. I have driven it before, but this was my first ride. I have yet to hike any of the trails, sounds tiring!

I've never watch the sunrise there, but yes. It's taken some getting used to for me, I used to watch the sun SET over the ocean, so this is just wrong...
      I am hoping next year I can do the hike, but we'lll seeeeee.

Comment

Working...
      X