No announcement yet.

My GS650G build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I haven't had much time to work on what I found to be a GS650 L, as I last posted I complete the carbs and got it to fire up and run, still have a long ways to go, build has been pushed to the back of the shop for now. I have a long list of parts I need to order, F and R bearings, exhaust header bolts, etc, etc. I will probably be ordering new clutch and throttle cables as well. I'll post more as to the progress I make over the next few months, cooler weather has rolled into the area here in lower Michigan as Fall season makes its start and the leaves are changing colors, I have been getting things put away.

Comment

What on earth happened to those rear suspension units?

Comment

Not sure exactly what your talking about (?). If your referring to the picture I posted and your talking about the left side shock (?) , both stock shocks on this bike were all blown out , I could collapse the rear suspension just by push down on the seat with one hand , that's why I have gone and re done the rear suspension, I have cut down the rear fender and plastic splash guard and have riveted them together, added new rear shocks for a Honda which has lowered the rear about 1 to 1 1/2 inches. Bobber style seat, re routed all the wiring and moved the battery, air pod filters, re jetted and rebuilt all 4 carbs, exhaust work, new aftermarket headlight ( not in picture) , etc.

Comment

Working...
        X