No announcement yet.

Dogs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, the wast basket buffet. Our pups partake occasionally too. And they have the same, oh snap I'm busted, expression.
    Roger

Current rides
    1983 GS 850G
    2003 FJR 1300A
    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

260B9C19-8195-4EB0-A135-0E5BA0F23050.jpg
      I see your trash can bandit and raise you one feather pillow explosion.
      1982 GS850GL - Shaved seat foam and new seat cover; Daytona handlebars and Tusk risers; Puig "Naked" Windscreen\
      1978 KZ200 - Mostly original, hydraulic front brake swap, superbike bars; purchased at 7k original miles
      Track bike project: 2008 Hyosung frame w/ 97 gs500E engine swap (in progress)

Comment

Originally posted by Rust_to_Redemption View Post
        ...................... feather pillow explosion.
        Ha haa haaaah

Maybe happened from similar action as our trash can bandit, in that we had coffee grounds on the cabinets and about 3 1/2 feet up the side of refrigerator.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

buster.jpg

Here is another one. This is Buster, a goofy and good-natured mountain dog/setter/whatever adopted by my sister-in-law. They wanted a large dog for the farm and found Buster at a shelter. His first family wanted to euthanize him because he suffers an occasional seizure but the vet convinced the family to leave him at a no-kill shelter. He was adopted by two other families who returned him to the shelter so my sister-in-law's place is his fourth home.
          1981 GS550T (Long gone)
          1983 GS650G (Rolling rebuild is now a full rebuild.)

Comment

Wow Jim. With a lap dog like that you won't be shivering on those cold winter nights huh? LOL

That's the second mentioned in this thread of a dog having seizures. Glen(Dorkburger) had one with seizures that they thought were being caused bye flea and tick medicine. Apparently treatable with meds whatever the cause was.
            Roger

Current rides
            1983 GS 850G
            2003 FJR 1300A
            Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

We had something weird happened the other day with our terrier mix. When she came home from the groomers after getting the typical haircut and Nails trimmed, she stayed away from people for 2 days. It was like removing her hair took away her character. She has since snapped out of it but that was the first time we'd seen her character change after coming home from the groomer.
              Roger

Current rides
              1983 GS 850G
              2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                We had something weird happened the other day with our terrier mix. When she came home from the groomers after getting the typical haircut and Nails trimmed, she stayed away from people for 2 days. It was like removing her hair took away her character. She has since snapped out of it but that was the first time we'd seen her character change after coming home from the groomer.
                I know my dogs and how they react. If that happened with me, I would consider the groomer's handling to be traumatic (rough, loud, or whatever) and I would be looking for another groomer, or insist on being present. I would not take them back to that groomer. There is always a reason dogs act as they do. Your dog is telling you they had a bad day. Two days to get over it is a really bad day.
                Last edited by earlfor; 03-25-2018, 11:54 AM.
                All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
                  I know my dogs and how they react. If that happened with me, I would consider the groomer's handling to be traumatic (rough, loud, or whatever) and I would be looking for another groomer, or insist on being present. I would not take them back to that groomer. There is always a reason dogs act as they do. Your dog is telling you they had a bad day. Two days to get over it is a really bad day.
                  We've been using that groomer for years so we called to let them know. Turns out a new employee did our dogs that day. We will insist they not handle our pups net time and request a specific groomer. Maybe if other customers give similar feedback action will be taken.
                  Roger

Current rides
                  1983 GS 850G
                  2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                    We've been using that groomer for years so we called to let them know. Turns out a new employee did our dogs that day. We will insist they not handle our pups net time and request a specific groomer. Maybe if other customers give similar feedback action will be taken.
                    One quick way to tell, is when your dog sees the groomer, is he/she glad to see them or do they want to avoid them and hide behind you?
                    One of the great things about dogs is that they always tell the truth.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by GSJim View Post
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]54361[/ATTACH]

Here is another one. This is Buster, a goofy and good-natured mountain dog/setter/whatever adopted by my sister-in-law. They wanted a large dog for the farm and found Buster at a shelter. His first family wanted to euthanize him because he suffers an occasional seizure but the vet convinced the family to leave him at a no-kill shelter. He was adopted by two other families who returned him to the shelter so my sister-in-law's place is his fourth home.
                      WTF? Put the guy down because of the occasional seizure? Some people shouldn’t be allowed to own dogs...
                      Our dog has them occasionally, and while it’s a painful helpless feeling to watch, I sure wouldn’t send him down the road because of it.
                      Last edited by dorkburger; 03-25-2018, 04:07 PM.
                      sigpic
                      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                      -Rusty old scooter.
                      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                        WTF? Put the guy down because of the occasional seizure? Some people shouldn’t be allowed to own dogs...
                        Our dog has them occasionally, and while it’s a painful helpless feeling to watch, I sure wouldn’t send him down the road because of it.
                        My sister-in-law told me that he had two seizures last year. It's a bit troubling to watch but he seems to recover quickly after. I haven't witnessed one yet.

Jim
                        1981 GS550T (Long gone)

Comment

Originally posted by GSJim View Post
                          My sister-in-law told me that he had two seizures last year. It's a bit troubling to watch but he seems to recover quickly after. I haven't witnessed one yet.

Jim
                          They are commonly neither harmful nor life threatening and depending on the cause, there may be meds to help reduce the frequency. I would certainly not consider euthanizing because of occasional seizures.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
                            They are commonly neither harmful nor life threatening and depending on the cause, there may be meds to help reduce the frequency. I would certainly not consider euthanizing because of occasional seizures.
                            The vet didn't seem too concerned. My uncle and one of my coworkers both had occasional seizures and we didn't euthanize them either. In my coworker's case, we all knew what to do and who to call. I'm wondering if Buster's first owner had very young kids that couldn't understand what was happening. With older kids a bit of education would work.
                            1981 GS550T (Long gone)

Comment

Here's my two...

Jovie on the left, our 4 year old rescue Staffordshire Bull Terrier cross, Staffy mum, dad unknown, Mum came into the shelter pregnant we've had her since a pup. And Murphy on the right, Cockapoo (Cocker Spaniel & Poodle).

Comment

Here is our eight year old Vizsla .... great dog, my faithful unwavering companion. Saw a sign that read "Be the person your dog thinks you are". Kind of says it all!
                                Great breed, lots of energy and very smart. Low on the shedding scale and very good with kids! LOVES to play and is a very affectionate fellow. Great with other dogs too!

IMG_0431.jpg
                                GS550T 1981
                                GS850G 1983
                                GS650G 1982
                                GS650G 1982 Under Restoration 😳🏍👍

Comment

Working...
                                X