No announcement yet.

Dogs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My husband Greg and I have a little little black and white dog named Wiggles. He believes that every one loves him. He is named Wiggles due to the fact that he is always wiggling. A dog makes a family complete and happy. Will never be with out a dog.

Comment

Max turned nine today. My son, who can't even remember to flush half of the time remembers his birthday just like his own. He wanted to get him a treat (dog ice cream)
      http://Untitled by Glen Brenner, on Flickr

The handsome old guy is going gray.
      http://Untitled by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Awwww,

Nice pics Glen! Happy Birthday to Max. Your son is commended too for being so thoughtful.

Ed
        GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
        GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
        Originally posted by GSXR7ED
        Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Dogs get patina, too.
          Great pics, Glen.
          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Thanks guys.
            True about the "patina" I occasionally joke that Max and me are in a race to go gray around the snout.
            He's winning by a lot..... but..... I'm picking up speed lately.
            sigpic
            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
            -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
              Thanks guys.
              True about the "patina" I occasionally joke that Max and me are in a race to go gray around the snout.
              He's winning by a lot..... but..... I'm picking up speed lately.
              Yes but, Max doesn't have to worry about going bald on top. heh
              All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                So I'm laying on the floor last night stretching my back out and my dog lays down next to me. I hear this cracking/ crunching noise and thought she brought in a stick or something. Turns out that while I was not looking, she picked a chicken bone from the waste basket and wanted a snack before bed. They seem so obedient but turn you back and they prove what dogs they can be!
                Roger

Current rides
                1983 GS 850G
                2003 FJR 1300A
                Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                  So I'm laying on the floor last night stretching my back out and my dog lays down next to me. I hear this cracking/ crunching noise and thought she brought in a stick or something. Turns out that while I was not looking, she picked a chicken bone from the waste basket and wanted a snack before bed. They seem so obedient but turn you back and they prove what dogs they can be!
                  Chicken bones are BAD, they splinter into sharp shreds and can puncture internally, can be fatal.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

My mean, viscous pit bull mix rescue dog Zoey. Making friends with the local wildlife.
                    IMG_3673.jpg
                    Rich
                    1982 GS 750TZ
                    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
                      Chicken bones are BAD, they splinter into sharp shreds and can puncture internally, can be fatal.
                      Yeah, I know. I grabbed it right away.

BTW, I had previously taken her to the groomers and she came home traumatized. After speaking with the groomers we have had no further issues like that. She came home yesterday with a new hair cut and her typical happy attitude.
                      Roger

Current rides
                      1983 GS 850G
                      2003 FJR 1300A
                      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Walking the dog in town is frustrating at times, especially when inconsiderate morons throw food on the ground near the sidewalk. On several occasions I've had to grab bones out of the dogs mouth that he found discarded. I generally avoid the delis, etc now.

Then there was that time he found the putrid remnants of.... something.... in a ziplock bag. I grabbed it before the dog got it and gagged at the stench......
                        sigpic

Glen
                        -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

That's gross Glen. Gotta love New Jersey huh? Albuquerque isn't much different in that respect though. People leave all kinds of interesting things for the dogs to rummage through, if I let them.

Your story reminded me of a camping trip we took a while back. I turned the dogs loose to explore since it was such a remote area in the mountains and nobody was around. They got to be free and it was awesome to see them just exploring, having fun. Anyway, my terrier comes back to camp proudly displaying her find. It was a deer's leg bone, the fur and hoof still on it. I laughed but my wife was grossed out. We then wondered if the mountain lion whatever killed it was going to come to get it back. We tossed it far away and that was that.
                          Roger

Current rides
                          1983 GS 850G
                          2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Back when I used to take Max on really long walks, we would go in the nearby park/field/woods and I would let him go. As you noted, its cool to watch him explore, and he would generally stay within 100 or so feet of me.
                            Sometimes I would run off and hide from him and his reaction was always the same. He would start circling around and if he couldn't find me he would go to the last place he saw me and sit there.
                            sigpic

Glen
                            -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                              Yeah, I know. I grabbed it right away.

BTW, I had previously taken her to the groomers and she came home traumatized. After speaking with the groomers we have had no further issues like that. She came home yesterday with a new hair cut and her typical happy attitude.
                              My dogs talk as much as any person. The difficulty is learning how to understand. A lot of people spend time teaching their dogs to play games, ball or do tricks etc. I do some of that also, but my main area is vocabulary and communication skills. I can be sitting in the study with the computer and karma (my avatar) will come in and ask me to fill the water dish in the bathroom and I understand exactly what she said.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                                My mean, viscous pit bull mix rescue dog Zoey. Making friends with the local wildlife.
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]55656[/ATTACH]
                                This reminded me of a pet duckling my stepson had. We got a video of the baby bird chasing him and my dog through the house.

Roger

Current rides
                                1983 GS 850G
                                2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Working...
                                X