No announcement yet.

Dogs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost my best mate tonite 14 year friendship gutted. He has been struggling this week short of breath and loss of appetite had X-ray and bloods lungs in a bad way could not see him suffer, gutted.
    The big guy up there rides a Suzuki (this I know)
    1981 gs850gx

1999 RF900
    past bikes. RF900
    TL1000s
    Hayabusa
    gsx 750f x2
    197cc Francis Barnett
    various British nails

Comment

Condolences, it is always hard.
      sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
      2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Sorry to hear.
        sigpic
        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
        -Rusty old scooter.
        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

So sorry, man. Lost the big girl a year and a half ago and think about her every day. The “little guy,” 86# Shepherd is with me by the grill, but he’s almost 9...healthy, full of energy, but not forever. God, I love them.
          "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." Bishop Helder Camara

"Beware of the man with only one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

82 GS1100E....black w/WC fairing and plenty o corrosion and low levels of attention

Comment

Heart-felt sympathies on your loss.
            Dogs rule!
            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by fastbysuzuki View Post
              Lost my best mate tonite 14 year friendship gutted. He has been struggling this week short of breath and loss of appetite had X-ray and bloods lungs in a bad way could not see him suffer, gutted.
              I'm sorry to hear that. Losing them is awful and it becomes harder the older I get.
              All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Not much one can say but I'm very sorry and can totally relate to how you're feeling. I still think of my past friends regularly.
                sigpic
                09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
                1983 GS1100e
                82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                1980 GS1260
                Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

So very sorry to hear of your loss. God gave us a most faithful companion in our dogs. They give back tenfold and when they go we feel a deep loss. We care dearly for our 9 year old Vizsla. He is wilth me now in the garage as I type ... might add we are pretty content out here with the bikes and a classic rock station playing.

We learned today that our dog has a pea sized mass cell on one of his ears that is cancerous. Difficult discussions with my wonderful wife followed and will continue as we learn more as to what our choices are. It sucks but nothing is forever and we will continue to provide him with the care he needs.

You're not alone in your feelings. We, the members of this forum, share more than our admiration and appreciation of the these fine motorcycles, for most if not all of us our families mean more. It goes without saying our dogs (and cats) are a huge part of our families/lives.
                  GS550T 1981
                  GS850G 1983
                  GS650G 1982
                  GS650G 1982 Under Restoration 😳🏍👍

Comment

So sad to hear that you've lost your friend. Words can't make it easier but he will always be with you.
                    "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

So sorry for your loss....I dread the day when we will have to do the same...

I always enjoyed this little story...

A DOG'S PURPOSE (FROM A 6-YEAR OLD)
                      Pet library
                      Being a veterinarian, I had been called to examine a ten-year-old Irish Wolf hound named Belker. The dog's owners, Ron, his wife Lisa, and their little boy Shane, were all very attached to Belker, and they were hoping for a miracle.

I examined Belker and found he was dying of cancer. I told the family we couldn't do anything for Belker, and offered to perform the euthanasia procedure for the old dog in their home.

As we made arrangements, Ron and Lisa told me they thought it would be good for six-year-old Shane to observe the procedure. They felt as though Shane might learn something from the experience.

The next day, I felt the familiar catch in my throat as Belker's family surrounded him. Shane seemed so calm, petting the old dog for the last time, that I wondered if he understood what was going on. Within a few minutes, Belker slipped peacefully away.

The little boy seemed to accept Belker's transition without any difficulty or confusion. We sat together for a while after Belker's Death, wondering aloud about the sad fact that animal lives are shorter than human lives. Shane, who had been listening quietly, piped up, 'I know why.'
                      Startled, we all turned to him. What came out of his mouth next stunned me. I'd never heard a more comforting explanation.

He said, 'People are born so that they can learn how to live a good Life - - like loving everybody all the time and being nice, right?' The Six-year-old continued, 'Well, dogs already know how to do that, so they don't have to stay as long.'

Remember, if a dog was the teacher you would learn things like:

When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.
                      Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride.
                      Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure ecstasy..
                      Take naps.
                      Stretch before rising.
                      Run, romp, and play daily.
                      Thrive on attention and let people touch you.
                      Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.
                      On warm days, stop to lie on your back on the grass.
                      On hot days, drink lots of water and lie under a shady tree.
                      When you're happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
                      Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.
                      Be loyal.
                      Never pretend to be something you're not.
                      If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.
                      When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by, and nuzzle them gently.

Comment

I can't even watch an episode of Lassie without bawling. I always found this worth thinking about, and eventually honor as soon as the pain has subsided enough:

Before humans die, they write their last will and testament, giving their home and all they have to those they leave behind. If, with my paws, I could do the same, this is what I’d ask…To a poor and lonely stray, I’d give my happy home; my bowl and cozy bed, soft pillow and all my toys; the lap, which I loved so much; the hand that stroked my fur; and the sweet voice that spoke my name.I’d will to the sad, scared, shelter dog the place I had in my human’s loving heart, of which there seemed no bounds.So, when I die, please do not say, “I will never have a pet again, for the loss and the pain is more than I can stand.”Instead, go find an unloved dog, one whose life has held no joy or hope, and give my place to him.This is the only thing I can give…The love I left behind. – Author Unknown
                        sigpic
                        09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
                        1983 GS1100e
                        82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                        1980 GS1260
                        Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

one of my favorite Oatmeal comics

Comment

We lost Kaya, our 15 year old Lab mix today. My wife, 21 year old son, and I took her to be put to sleep this afternoon. That was a sad thing. We took our terrier along because I heard they need closure if a sibling dies. They may be constantly looking for them if they don't see that they've passed. For days our lab didn't eat and became more lethargic. Took her to have tests done and got some medicine but she still went downhill fast. Her hind legs didn't work and she labored to breathe. We paid a big vet bill yesterday for lab work and today the vet said if we brought her in they would euthanize her free of charge.

This is where she was when I got home today. My son said she had been there for a long time. I had to climb into the vines to lift her out. There are roses on both sides of that spot so it was a very odd spot for her to be. We've never seen her in there before so I'm guessing she wanted to go find a final resting place or something.

Roger

Current rides
                            1983 GS 850G
                            2003 FJR 1300A
                            Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                              We lost Kaya, our 15 year old Lab mix today. My wife, 21 year old son, and I took her to be put to sleep this afternoon. That was a sad thing. We took our terrier along because I heard they need closure if a sibling dies. They may be constantly looking for them if they don't see that they've passed. For days our lab didn't eat and became more lethargic. Took her to have tests done and got some medicine but she still went downhill fast. Her hind legs didn't work and she labored to breathe. We paid a big vet bill yesterday for lab work and today the vet said if we brought her in they would euthanize her free of charge.

This is where she was when I got home today. My son said she had been there for a long time. I had to climb into the vines to lift her out. There are roses on both sides of that spot so it was a very odd spot for her to be. We've never seen her in there before so I'm guessing she wanted to go find a final resting place or something.

I'm very sorry to hear of your losing kaya. I lost my Jack Russel of 14 years a month ago. It's the hardest thing I've ever done. It's rough. My thoughts are with you.

Earl
                              All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post

Oh Roger, I'm so sorry for your loss. So sad.
                                Take care my friend,
                                No signature

Comment

Working...
                                X