No announcement yet.

Dogs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been a while but there was a thread where GSR members posted their four-legged family members. Here's our Isis: (Before anyone says anything about her name, we've had her 10 years now and that's the name posted at the SPCA.

Ed
    Last edited by GSXR7ED; 09-15-2016, 10:26 AM.
    GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
    Originally posted by GSXR7ED
    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
      It's been a while but there was a thread where GSR members posted their four-legged family members. Here's our Isis: (Before anyone says anything about her name, we've had her 10 years now and that's the name posted at the SPCA.

Ed
      Nice pup! As for the name, Isis....a goddess of fertility, the sister and wife of Osiris and mother of Horus, and usually represented as a woman with a cow's horns with the solar disk.
      All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Isis

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
        Nice pup! As for the name, Isis....a goddess of fertility, the sister and wife of Osiris and mother of Horus, and usually represented as a woman with a cow's horns with the solar disk.
        Thanks Earl,

I looked up images of Isis but decided not to change direction of this thread by posting a picture of the goddess. I will however post another pic of our Isis at the same park but with an inquiring look.

Ed

EDIT: All the four-legged family members posted on here are beautiful!
        Last edited by GSXR7ED; 09-15-2016, 12:33 PM.
        GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
        Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Ed, interesting about your dogs name. There is a cafe nearby that for a good number of years was called Isis Cafe. It has a new name now.

In yet another ploy to make me feel old, 3 neighborhood dogs have passed this year of age and / or health issues, replaced by new pups. The cycle begins anew I suppose....
          sigpic
          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
          -Rusty old scooter.
          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Car full of retrievers. Labrador, flat coat and curly coat. The Lab on the left is mine, the others are my sisters.
            Currently bikeless
            '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
            '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Just in case any one needs a good reason to call their dog Isis.

I'll be back later to post pics of my pair.
              The continuing renovation of a GS850L

Comment

winn.jpg
                My pug, rescued him 3 years ago he's about 5 years old and loves to go on adventures with me

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
                  Car full of retrievers. Labrador, flat coat and curly coat. The Lab on the left is mine, the others are my sisters.
                  I wouldnt call mine a retriever at all, just a lab. She may be one but wont retrieve anything unless it's edible. The terrier will play and retrieve but then she's gone, no getting the ball back without a chase.
                  Roger

Current rides
                  1983 GS 850G
                  2003 FJR 1300A
                  Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Yes. I call ours a Labrador Getter. He will get something. ... bring it back? Not so much.
                    sigpic
                    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                    -Rusty old scooter.
                    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Here is our cow, I mean American Pit. His name is Titan, and he is 12.

He he is a very lazy dog, but has gotten quite slower in the last couple of years.
                      Last edited by Spyder; 09-30-2016, 10:00 PM.
                      '83 GS 1100T
                      The Jet

sigpic
                      '95 GSXR 750w
                      The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Can't see pic.

Ed
                        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

yeah, having difficulties with Photobucket and tablets...
                          '83 GS 1100T
                          The Jet

sigpic
                          '95 GSXR 750w
                          The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
                            Here is my Flattie. Second one, they are such great dogs. Angela is 13 now, still in pretty good shape. I am dreading the day, but I have had a lifetime of enjoyment from her. Edit...Sorry, not sure why these are upside down. They are RSU on the web page...

And my Shepherd mix. Worst dog ever. No manners at all. Has a respiratory condition and my house is covered in dog snot. Shreds anything to add to her nest. But I love her.

Last edited by bobgroger; 09-30-2016, 10:52 PM.
                            sigpic
                            09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
                            1983 GS1100e
                            82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                            1980 GS1260
                            Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

About 18 months ago we lost our little Alfie (mentioned somewhere in my posting history) but we are back to a full squad again with the introduction of Gizmo the Chihuahua to keep Tilly (a Cairn terrier) company.

The continuing renovation of a GS850L

Comment

My American Bulldog girl, rescued from a shelter where I volunteered, 3 years ago. <3

Comment

Working...
                                X