On The Hunt For Awesome Fairings!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2) well here's the zombienator version (i think):

I actually was checking out used fairings and there was a "Vetter" 1/4 , pics were bad so I googled "vetter fairing" (images) and a bunch of "Streamliner" stuff was mixed in, for a cool scooter project IMO, might make one someday for commuting...bunch pics similar, here's Vetter in one):

Or this full full fairing pic (dunno, origin, the Vetter similar had foot flaps for while stopped, funny/goofy, There's an electric imitator too someplace):

Or (Going to post this $2000 batwing in CL funnies thread probably, from CL ad):

welp, just those to share.
    There was a Hayabusa fairing with windshield, for $125 , think it'd be cool on my bike as a 1/4 ...But just a thought really. I could say ,"No the gsx1100g IS the "grandfather of Hayabusa ,see..." (So many owners call their different models that in ads is all)...Don't care to swap the headlight for "looks" anyway...It would look cool probably tho'...

Comment

Is Craig Vetter the grandfather of Eddie Vetter?
      "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
      1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
      1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
      1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

^^^Father, maybe.

1982 GS1100 G converted by Motorcyclist magazine in 1986 to be a tribute to the Wes Cooley replica. 1982 Honda 900F. 1997 Yamaha VMax.
        Also owned: 1973 Kawasaki Z1 900, 1972 Honda 750 K, 1976 Yamaha XS 650, 1980 Kawasaki KZ 1000 MKII, 1978 Kawasaki SR 650. Current cage is a 2001 Mustang Bullitt in Dark Highland Green. Bought new in Sept. 2001.

Comment

My favorite fairing for GS or whatever really. I'd like to buy one for my GSX1100G sometime and modify the headlight mount.

I got my current MC and wasn't sure how it'd run, ride etc.
          Had an old beginner bike, 400cc MC and always thought, "This is rediculous, I'm gonna get killed on it ,just like anything and it's not even a harley or anything..."like "Gonna die on this puny beginner bike maybe" (20 some years ago). ...
          Then I had a Magna V45 , Finally got a Nice Harley after that one and was like "what the crap??? OK whatever"[pondering previous thoughts on the dangers] ...
          MY GSX1100G is like the worthy "Death-trap" out of the bunch really. It's got it , that big-bore 4 cylinder that reminds me of an aircraft.
          Money is not such a big deal for good accessories when I look at it that way now. Hard to explain. Maybe/probably some other riders understand my rant about that...

Comment

Good gods, that fairing in the OP is hideous. Airstream was a good descriptor, like some monstrosity escaped from a 1960's Godzilla film.
            "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
            1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
              Is Craig Vetter the grandfather of Eddie Vetter?
              Eddie Vedder has class, unlike most of the abortions Craig Vetter has spawned on the world.
              "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
              1982 CB900f

Comment

Those fairings might be aesthetically challenged but might return 60MpG...
                GS1000G '81

Comment

Originally posted by BurntKittyForge View Post

My favorite fairing for GS or whatever really. I'd like to buy one for my GSX1100G sometime and modify the headlight mount.

I got my current MC and wasn't sure how it'd run, ride etc.
                  Had an old beginner bike, 400cc MC and always thought, "This is rediculous, I'm gonna get killed on it ,just like anything and it's not even a harley or anything..."like "Gonna die on this puny beginner bike maybe" (20 some years ago). ...
                  Then I had a Magna V45 , Finally got a Nice Harley after that one and was like "what the crap??? OK whatever"[pondering previous thoughts on the dangers] ...
                  MY GSX1100G is like the worthy "Death-trap" out of the bunch really. It's got it , that big-bore 4 cylinder that reminds me of an aircraft.
                  Money is not such a big deal for good accessories when I look at it that way now. Hard to explain. Maybe/probably some other riders understand my rant about that...
                  This looks cool to me. Would probably look good on the GSX1100G.
                  Current Bikes:
                  2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Originally posted by mmattockx View Post
                    You guys actually get a separate document for your vehicles, like a title to a piece of property? We don't get vehicle titles up here, a bill of sale and proof of insurance are all that is required to register a vehicle here.

Mark
                    We get titles in Nova Scotia
                    1978 Gs1085 compliments of Popy Yosh, Bandit 1200 wheels and front end, VM33 Smoothbores, Yosh exhaust, braced frame, ported polished head
                    1983 Gs1100ESD, rebuild finished! Body paintwork happening winter 2017

I would rather trust my bike to a technician that reads the service manual than some backyardigan that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix things.

Comment

the look ill be going for
                      I build Pipers

Comment

Here is my entry, an old Hannigan.100_2997.jpg
                        Gustov
                        80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                        81 GS 1000 G
                        79 GS 850 G
                        81 GS 850 L
                        83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                        80 GS 550 L
                        86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                        2002 Honda 919
                        2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

So I have a similar fairing for my '82 GS450, but I need the mounting brackets for it, where did you find them for yours?

Comment

Originally posted by BurntKittyForge View Post
                            I'm about to call "BS"...The Mythbusters did the thing on "running in the rain" on one episode, can't recall exactly but no matter how fast they still got wet (ter?)...
                            I couldn't give a stuff what Mythbusters 'find' or 'think' or whatever BS they come out with. I know for a fact my BMW R80RT fairing allowed me to stay warm and dry in the depths of winter. Perhaps if they weren't so full of it, they might actually learn something.
                            ---- Dave
                            79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                            80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                            79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                            92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
                              I couldn't give a stuff what Mythbusters 'find' or 'think' or whatever BS they come out with. I know for a fact my BMW R80RT fairing allowed me to stay warm and dry in the depths of winter. Perhaps if they weren't so full of it, they might actually learn something.
                              I don't doubt the "Mythbusters" can be off sometimes , but refering to :
                              ...Recently, he has been riding in California's El Nino rain. He arrives absolutely dry! He has no rain suit, either. This is a good start. ...
                              IF you're saying the BMW R80RT fairing can do that, that's very interesting.(?)
                              IF it was "Depths of winter" snow(?) and it kept you dry then that's different anyway.

As for a fairing keeping one "warm" I imagine clothing would be relevant along with wind deflection cutting the wind chill factor. For example, I doubt the fairing would "Keep one warm in depths of winter" while wearing summer clothes?

This was "California's El Nino rain" mentioned in the quote from article linked however.

Ever since the one episode where they couldn't figure why the bullet impact was so much more severe than the recoil when "scientifically they should[were stating are] be equal"
                              I was thinking , "DUH" the bullet accelerates through inches of barrel, while it slams /smacks on a hard surface more abrubtly...By the way. Entertaining occasionally. Still can't see staying dry in pouring rain as was stated due to a fairing. Sticking with mythbusters for reference there ...

Comment

Working...
                              X