No announcement yet.

Sunday night music....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Glen, just curious what you use for music. Pandora type streaming, or something of the sort? I tend to just turn on the radio and not fool with downloading, programming, uploading and all that. Keeping it simple with radio, on the other hand, means minimal exposure to new music. With so many artists out there I'm only scratching the surface I know.

Anyone else for that matter. Suggestions on discovering new tunes? This thread has some fantastic music in it.
    Roger

Current rides
    1983 GS 850G
    2003 FJR 1300A
    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Ive yet to pay for a streaming service. In years past, my main source was a local college station (WSOU)
      that plays hard rock / all forms of metal, and punk. They have gotten a little too heavy for my liking in the last few years, plus my music tastes mellowed somewhat. Lately I'll pick a song on YouTube, then set it to autoplay, and some enjoyabe things have popped up. Sometimes I'll search a genre there (desert / stoner rock for instance) and let the YouTube selected playlist play. Ill typically listen with earbuds in the evening while cleaning up, etc.
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Well, should you want to try one for free, Pandora is awesome. I like the idea of youtube shuffle thing too.

While shopping for shoes earlier this came on overhead. The store had the music turned up unusually loud, which was great! An oldie but goodie!

Roger

Current rides
        1983 GS 850G
        2003 FJR 1300A
        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Sorry to keep overloading this thread with random tunes but a day without music is like a day without sunshine! And there's no sun today here.....

I was informed by a friend that the Disturbed song in a previous post was a remake of one Simon and Garfunkel did in the 60's. That got me thinking about other remade songs I've heard and enjoyed over the years. Here's a few that come to mind.

The Sound Of Silence by Simon And Garfunkel

Redone by Disturbed

Stone Cold Crazy by Queen

Redone by Metallica

Breadfan by Budgie

Redone by Metallica

Metallica did many cover tunes but these are just a couple I've liked

My sherona by The Knack

Redone by Destruction

re-redone by others... or more like un-done

Simple Man by Lynyrd Skynyrd

Redone by Shinedown
          Roger

Current rides
          1983 GS 850G
          2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

If you can't dig it, you can dig with it! Hahaha
            Roger

Current rides
            1983 GS 850G
            2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post

If you can't dig it, you can dig with it! Hahaha
              LOL Interesting creativity with a shovel, but the musical result is just noise to me. This is one instance where I would be obliged to shoot the messenger. LMAO
              All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
                LOL Interesting creativity with a shovel, but the musical result is just noise to me. This is one instance where I would be obliged to shoot the messenger. LMAO
                Fair enough. This guy has a lot of talent though. Try this one. Kind of an upbeat Bayou groove.

Roger

Current rides
                1983 GS 850G
                2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                  Fair enough. This guy has a lot of talent though. Try this one. Kind of an upbeat Bayou groove.

Better, not really my style, but at least two minutes of it wouldn't give me a headache. heh
                  All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

sigpic
                    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                    -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

I got your Sunday night music; hope this works.

Comment

Travellin' Jones, I haven't seen your name pop up ages.
                        Thanks for the post, I love it. EXACTLY the type of thing I like to chill to at the weekend`s end.
                        Last edited by dorkburger; 04-30-2017, 11:18 PM. Reason: Wine induced grammatical error
                        sigpic

Glen
                        -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Glen, My apologies for throwing all these un-chill tunes up on this thread. Just because a particular tune suits my mood at the moment, doesn't mean others would appreciate it. I understand that you have to actually click on the link and choose to listen to it, but that been said I'd still like to help keep your thread somewhat on topic. Some, I have been told, find an aggressive sounding song to be soothing while others get a migraine from it. Depending on the day I've had it can go either way.

Here's one I had in my walkman while my son was being resistant of coming out of the womb. I was pacing the hospital room while my son's mom went from labor pains to sawing logs, snoring. We incidentally spent all night there and went home empty handed. False labor! He was born the next day around noon and it only took 20 minutes from parking the car to having a screaming blue brat pop out. Just kidding, what a blessing to experience such an event.

This song has special memories for me. Hope you enjoy it.

Roger

Current rides
                          1983 GS 850G
                          2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

I havent heard that song in ages. Nice. I had a cassette copy a friend made for me in high school....

Speaking of kids, birth,etc, my wife picked 2 songs when she ws pregnant, one for a boy, one for a girl.
                            I'snt She Lovely, and You Are The Sunshine of My Life, both by Stevie Wonder. After our son was born, i was waiting near the nurses station for the docs to bring back our son after his checkout, and You Are The Sunshine came on over the radio at the nurses station.

As far as thread content goes, no worries, post what you like. i dont always listen to relaxing music on Sundays. My take on threads has always been this - once its posted it belongs to the world.................
                            sigpic

Glen
                            -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                              I havent heard that song in ages. Nice. I had a cassette copy a friend made for me in high school....

Speaking of kids, birth,etc, my wife picked 2 songs when she ws pregnant, one for a boy, one for a girl.
                              I'snt She Lovely, and You Are The Sunshine of My Life, both by Stevie Wonder. After our son was born, i was waiting near the nurses station for the docs to bring back our son after his checkout, and You Are The Sunshine came on over the radio at the nurses station.

As far as thread content goes, no worries, post what you like. i dont always listen to relaxing music on Sundays. My take on threads has always been this - once its posted it belongs to the world.................
                              Great story.
                              Thanks for the reply
                              Roger

Current rides
                              1983 GS 850G
                              2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

I'm a day late (again) but I was finally checking out this song I keep hearing bits off , think it's cool , IDK:

Funny I thought it was acoustic and it is , but the acoustic is a ugelele (how heck spell that? Finally turned off annoying macspeller).
                                Gotta run and start on paint a deck couple hours before work, worked all day yesterday (sunday)...
                                Oh, the official vid is cool/weird too But the audio sounded better/see band in this one.

Comment

Working...
                                X