Soon to be a GS1100GK owner..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soon to be a GS1100GK owner..

Soon to inherit a 1984 GS1100GK. Not the best looker but runs like a scalded dog. Can't wait to get it home. Looking for 'GS1100GK' emblem for side cover.
    Attached Files

Welcome to GSR.

Looks to be a complete GK. THose are hard to find complete, in any condition. Most have been dee-Kayed.
    (my word, for fairing and bags removed so about same as GS1100G.)

Set up a search on ebay. From time to time there will be someone parting out a GK. CAn find a side panel then. Prprbaly have to gert an entire side panel to get the emblem.

I could yack on and on about all sortts of GK specific stuff that you may not care about.

Tell us more of you adventure.

I greatly enjoy the GK for being able to extend the season early in the spring and late into the fall with that big fairing.... here in Michigan.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Welcome bassace75,

Those are unique bikes...I've never seen one here in Delaware. It's also right up Redman's alley because he owns a handsome, fancy cladded GS like yours.

Ed
      Last edited by GSXR7ED; 10-07-2016, 12:12 PM.
      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

I have one for sale that's the same color, but in better condition....just sayin'.
        Current Bikes:
        2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

I hope the bike still looks as good as it did when that photo was taken, as the photo is a few years old.

As Redman said, the GK is great for extending your riding season at both ends, at least in northern areas. I had mine on the road at least once a month for two years. That stopped when I damaged my leg enough to need to use a cane and could not ride for a couple of months. fell off a couch
          "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
          Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

Welcome, you'll like this bunch. They're kind and knowledgeable. Enjoy you GS and be careful.

Comment

Hi. I also have a GK. For better or worse I'm deKaying it. Going down the 1000S route. I probably have a GS1100GK side emblem. Send me a pm. I presume you know about the reputation of these old warhorses? Go on forever with the right care. Jonathan

Comment

Cool. I may also like the GKs. Great touring bike.
                gs1100gk 1985 (x 2)
                gs850g 1980
                Previously owned
                gs1100gk 1984(just sold).
                gs850g x 2 '79, '80, gs1100gk x 2 '84, '85, gs1000 '78, gs1100g '82, gr650 '82, Buell x 2 '99 & '09, Harley xlch '65, Yam vmax '95, FJ1100 '82, Honda 500/4 '74, Kwaka z250 '80...

Comment

Bike has been kept in good shape. It is not the best looking (dent in tank, paint peeling, etc) but it is in great running condition. I am waiting on my uncle to bring it to me. I offered to get it, but he insists on trailering it to my house.

Comment

PM sent Jonathan

Comment

Thanks for the welcome!

Comment

Weekend project.20161104_114920.jpg

Comment

Looks like you ar on your way to an adventure.

For a proper carb cleaning project it will require a 4 or 5 day weekend.
                          To soak each carb for 24+ hours

and an o-ring kit from Cycle O-rings

Look for "Carb Cleaning Series" in the section of "In The Garage" back on GSR home page (not the forum, the GSR home page.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Any update....on the carb cleaning adventure....?

I see that Lewisville is in the northern part of Dallas-FtWorth area.
                            You had opportunity to ride out to Texas Hill COuntry? FM335, FM336 FM337....?

Tell us about the "bass" in BassAce.
                            Wondering if fishing or music......

Comment

untitledww.jpg

Got the carbs on. Seat redone. Replaced missing emblems I got from a member of this forum. The bike runs like a scalded dog. Still getting used to riding again after 20 years.

To answer Redman, the "bass" is musical - I am a bassist. I have not yet rode to the Hill Country but my folks live in Fredricksberg and I plan to head that way this Summer.
                              Last edited by Guest; 03-23-2017, 04:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X