No announcement yet.

Gsx-s1000f

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh man another GSR member down. Glad your ok!!!

Ride safe!!!
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Garfield View Post
      Don't let your riding be influenced by other riders/drivers! I was following someone and was riding differently than I normally do. The attention I spent focusing on the other rider was attention that was not spent investigating my surroundings and planning escape routes. One second traffic is 60mph, the next time I looked it was stopped. The damage doesn't look that bad - tire is not flat, bumper is not that effed, so I must have bled off a lot of speed...but not all.

I came off the bike over the bars, flipped upside down, and landed against the car on the back of my head and shoulder blades. Somehow, I just stood back up and apologized for damaging the car and waste of their time.

Wow!

That's not as bad a damage as I would have thought. You slowed down enough to prevent a BIGGER indentation. Glad you are OK. BTW, did you get yourself evaluated by a doctor? It's a good idea even though you may think there is nothing wrong. Also, you remember the event quite vividly. All the best.

Ed
      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

I'm moving out to Oahu and made the very difficult decision to sell the GSX-S1000F. It made it especially more difficult giving the bike to a 'low baller' which felt pretty disgusting, but it still seemed like the sensible decision. I had a ton of fun on that bike including an awesome experience riding up to Yosemite for the GSR rally last year. But Oahu is like 45 miles long with not a lot of roads, and that bike was designed for riding and not looking at scenery.

I was pretty sad about the whole thing. Someone mentioned 'when God closes one door, he opens another." So meet Lili! (named after Lili'uokalani, the last queen of Hawaii)

Comment

Good luck Joe. Sorry I couldn't meet up with you guys last summer.
          sigpic
          83 GS1100g
          2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Working...
          X