• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oct 2016 -- 78 1000

Nice looking 78 1000.

Impressive.

Good Photo.

Congratulations, Jeff, On a great rebuild.

Jeff,.... you here? DAte on photo says 2010. I suspect that not true, since you say you got the bike in 2009 and then did some work and then rebuilt it.
    Last edited by Redman; 10-09-2016, 05:10 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

A good looking ride for sure. The blue & white combo looks good. I may be partial though
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Very nice ! I like it
      My bikes 79 GS1000 1085 checked and approved by stator the GSR mascot and 77 GS750 with 850 top end, GS850g, and my eldest sons 78 GS550, youngest sons GS125. Project bike 79 GS1000N

Comment

Holy crap!!! I hadn't logged into this website in awhile so I was pretty surprised when I just happened to stop by and I see my bike as BOTM!! Thanks! And ya the date on the pic is correct. I finished it that summer. I put a lot of new parts on it but it was in decent shape to begin with. And that was my first attempt at a paint job which still looks good. I'm the 3rd owner. I got all kind of extras with it like the original carbs and air box, a nice valve shim kit, and even magazines from 1978 with reviews of the bike when new. My 50th b-day is in a few days so this is a pretty cool present.

Comment

Originally posted by cjetmech View Post
          Holy crap!!! I hadn't logged into this website in awhile so I was pretty surprised when I just happened to stop by and I see my bike as BOTM!! Thanks! And ya the date on the pic is correct. I finished it that summer. I put a lot of new parts on it but it was in decent shape to begin with. And that was my first attempt at a paint job which still looks good. I'm the 3rd owner. I got all kind of extras with it like the original carbs and air box, a nice valve shim kit, and even magazines from 1978 with reviews of the bike when new. My 50th b-day is in a few days so this is a pretty cool present.
          Congrats again.

First paint job you say.
          Good.

Photo is from 2010, you say. How long ago did you submit the photo?

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

If your first attempt turned out that well you should hang out a shingle.
            Nice looking bike.
            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
              Congrats again.

First paint job you say.
              Good.

Photo is from 2010, you say. How long ago did you submit the photo?

I submitted that pic a couple years ago and then again maybe 6 months ago. I was definitely happy with the way the paint came out. I used SPI epoxy primer and Nason single stage paint. The white stripes are repo decals for that model bike and so is the silver pinstripe that I laid out. Supposedly that Nason paint isn't very good come to find out but it's still holding up well 6 yrs later.

Comment

images? i don't see.hmmmmmm!

Comment

Where are the pictures?
                  78' GS1000EC
                  79' GS850GN
                  79' GS1000N
                  79' GS1000EN
                  81' GS1100EX

Comment

Originally posted by GS1000S View Post
                    Where are the pictures?
                    Do you mean for the bike of the month? It is on the site's main page - www.thegsresources.com
                    sigpic
                    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
                    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                      Do you mean for the bike of the month? It is on the site's main page - www.thegsresources.com
                      Cool man! It is really amazing and can be called bike of the month.

Comment

Working...
                      X